For Sale - Edge Evo HT Tuner for 99-10 Explorer/Ranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Edge Evo HT Tuner for 99-10 Explorer/Ranger

I'm selling my unlocked Edge Evo HT Tuner model number 16050. Asking $250 Shipped.

I have tuner, original box, manual, even the stickers! I used it on my 05 Explorer V6 4.0 4x4 for 6mos but now deciding to go a different direction. My only real performance mods on my Ex are a custom intake and Flowmaster 40 series muffler.

This tuner has 4 preset tunes built in:

Extreme (for use with 91 octane)
87 Octane
Tow
Economy

I tried Economy and Extreme for about 1 tank but liked the 87 Octane tune the best and ran that most of the time.

I don't have a dyno, so I don't have numbers, but I did feel a difference. Especially in the transmission. It shifted wayyyyy better. Actually cleared up some issues I was having. Mileage increased about 2 MPG. Oh...and it also helped me troubleshoot a dirty TB issue I was having (basically when I installed it i had idle surge bad, my stock tune must have compensated for it, but I pulled my TB and it was really bad, so cleaned it and now good as new. Never would have done that if I didn't use the tuner). That alone made it worth it to me.

As far as I know you can't do any custom tunes, but the loaded ones seem to work fine for me.

More info can be found here at their website:
http://www.edgeproducts.com/
They dont offer the 16050 anymore...but the 16030 is the same thing.

The sticker on the box says "FORD GAS EVO HT (99-10 Truck 99-10 Ranger 99-10 SUV)" if that helps with the applications.

I prefer paypal for payment.

So hit me up if interested!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm selling my unlocked Edge Evo HT Tuner model number 16050. Asking $275 Shipped.

I have tuner, original box, manual, even the stickers! I used it on my 05 Explorer V6 4.0 4x4 for 6mos but now deciding to go a different direction. My only real performance mods on my Ex are a custom intake and Flowmaster 40 series muffler.

This tuner has 4 preset tunes built in:

Extreme (for use with 91 octane)
87 Octane
Tow
Economy

I tried Economy and Extreme for about 1 tank but liked the 87 Octane tune the best and ran that most of the time.

I don't have a dyno, so I don't have numbers, but I did feel a difference. Especially in the transmission. It shifted wayyyyy better. Actually cleared up some issues I was having. Mileage increased about 2 MPG. Oh...and it also helped me troubleshoot a dirty TB issue I was having (basically when I installed it i had idle surge bad, my stock tune must have compensated for it, but I pulled my TB and it was really bad, so cleaned it and now good as new. Never would have done that if I didn't use the tuner). That alone made it worth it to me.

As far as I know you can't do any custom tunes, but the loaded ones seem to work fine for me.

More info can be found here at their website:
http://www.realtruck.com/edge-evoht-performance-chip/R183320P2005Y676MA.html

The sticker on the box says "FORD GAS EVO HT (99-10 Truck 99-10 Ranger 99-10 SUV)" if that helps with the applications.

I prefer paypal for payment.

So hit me up if interested!

Will this work on the Sport Trac?

So i just went to the website:

http://www.edgeproducts.com/

And it doesnt specify Sport Trac anywhere...just 4.0 gas. So im assuming it will work. The sticker on the box says it will work for 99-10 Ford Truck/SUV/Ranger.

I didn't know they made them for explorers. However I wonder if this will work on a OHV? It just says 4.0 on there website. :scratch:

So i just did some more digging and looks like you cant buy the 16050 from Edge anymore. They are only offering the 16030. But if you do a simple google search of the 16050...lots of other people still sell them.

My Explorer is a 2005 4.0 V6 4x4 and it worked fine. From searching around this has lots of applications...to include some Mazdas even.

So i just did some more digging and looks like you cant buy the 16050 from Edge anymore. They are only offering the 16030. But if you do a simple google search of the 16050...lots of other people still sell them.

My Explorer is a 2005 4.0 V6 4x4 and it worked fine. From searching around this has lots of applications...to include some Mazdas even.

I'm in the Market to a buy programer for my ST... I was gonna purchase a Superchips Flaspaq, I've searched online on forums if it was compatable with the Sport Trac since it only listed Explorer on there site... Called and talked to the Tech, he said it wouldn't work! So I really need to know if the Edge would work or is the same, Only for Explorers!

Pm coming.

Back