Emissions test for my X.

DocVijay

Meow
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport 2WD
Well, I got my annual emissions test today, and my X is actually cleaner than the air we breathe around here. Neither the hydrocarbons or carbon monoxide registered they were so low. If I were to lock myself in a garage with the engine running, I'd die of starvation before CO poisoning. Anyone else have a clean experience like this. I know their equipment was fine, because my other car passed but did show up, and another dude before me failed. I guess this just proves that "hot-rodding" isn't necessarily pollution causing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine is as clean as a 99 Accord :) Well, most of the time...

The cool thing about getting your emissions checked here in Phoenix now is if yours is OBD-II all they do is hook a scanner up to see if there are any codes. No codes and they sent me on my way. When I moved here 4 years ago they did run an exhaust test then but for the last year they don't do that on the OBD-II vehicles anymore. It took all of 5 minutes.

Maryland emissions is really annoying, they use a "treadmill" test to check your emissions through out the full speed range, looks sort of like a dyno
if I remember I'll post what the results/required is from the last time it went... need to call monday to make sure my v8 is going to be legal (oops) :D

Here in B.C.,they run a dyno test on all vehicles older than 2 years. They rev it up and down, and really floor it to simulate "real world driving". I don't think everyone guns it from every light......:rolleyes:

Here in Texas they test all cars from 2-24 years old. They do two tests, one at about 2500 rpm's for 90 seconds and then at idle for 90 seconds. Thay also do a safety inspection, but that's just a formality.

Back