Engine Air Filter

Bill #5 Explorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
I need to change the engine air filter in about a week. I'll have the 30,000 miles by then. Will this be easy to do? Any tools? In my 2007 Eddie Bauer it was just a couple clips, out with the old, in with the new, done in about 3minutes. I hope the new truck is similar.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same process just in a differnt palce !

Do it your self you might want to look into the cabin filter also and thats behind the glove boxs look at the manual good look save money that is what is ablout and if you own yours look at installing k&n air filter.

Do it your self you might want to look into the cabin filter also and thats behind the glove boxs look at the manual good look save money that is what is ablout and if you own yours look at installing k&n air filter.

The cabin filter was done at 20K by the dealer when in for an oil change. I would not put a K&N filter on my lawn mower.:)

I have a bmw 330i k&n engine and cabin filter and they are great more expensive but can be cleaned and re-used

I run in the Porsche circles, and K&N filters are a dirty word. So, I'm biased against them for anything else.

Sorry i might be dum at you response but i just had a sugesttion sorry !!!

Sorry i might be dum at you response but i just had a sugesttion sorry !!!

It's all good. I appreciate your suggestion. :)

My experience shows a lot of CEL and MAF issues with K&N filters (mainly due to being over oiled----owner error).

Got it i've been told of such issues. I have been considering when it's time to clean filter just to get a reg filter my self i don't have the time to go thru all that work thanks !:)

It's all good. I appreciate your suggestion. :)

My experience shows a lot of CEL and MAF issues with K&N filters (mainly due to being over oiled----owner error).

I was going to suggest it too. I never had an issue with all the cars I been in with a K&N but I have also never cleaned one either.

Back