Engine cover for 2021 Explorer 2.3L? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine cover for 2021 Explorer 2.3L?

blackstallion

Reaction score
City, State
Advance, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
Has anyone purchased the cover after the fact and noticed any reduction in noise from the engine? I'm considering it, but would be interested in any feedback, maybe even where to buy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I believe they did away with the engine cover starting with the 2018 XLT and perhaps on other trims. I did a quick search on some Ford parts sites and it appears there is no cover for the 6th gen. I believe it was also deleted from some later model F-150s.

Peter

My 2020 limited came with an engine cover from the factory.

My 2020 XLT came with a foam engine cover. I removed it as the squirrels were using it as a place to store their food.
There was no increase in engine noise after removal.
I did find it easier to inspect and service the engine without it though.
It now resides in a garage closet with an old Zenith Stromberg carburetor off my MGB, and other similarly useless items.

My engine cover is made of a hard plastic

Not shown as fitting your vehicle on the above site but you can check by adding your VIN.
This site also below also mentions it doesn't fit.

Peter

Has anyone purchased the cover after the fact and noticed any reduction in noise from the engine? I'm considering it, but would be interested in any feedback, maybe even where to buy?
I remove the engine covers from all my vehicles. The first vehicle I owned with a cover was an 08 Dodge Avenger 3.5l V6. After 60-70k miles I changed the plugs and the wiring harness was "crispy". I was worried I was going to break the wires. Shortly after I had to replace the engine harness as it was shorting out where 20-30 wires came together. I have removed the covers ever since.

I remove the engine covers from all my vehicles. The first vehicle I owned with a cover was an 08 Dodge Avenger 3.5l V6. After 60-70k miles I changed the plugs and the wiring harness was "crispy". I was worried I was going to break the wires. Shortly after I had to replace the engine harness as it was shorting out where 20-30 wires came together. I have removed the covers ever since.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

I noticed the 2020 2.3 limiteds have a cover by my 2021 didn't come with a cover. Wonder why?

I kinda wish the 3.0 in the ST had an engine cover, the engine looks bland and ugly without one

I kinda wish the 3.0 in the ST had an engine cover, the engine looks bland and ugly without one
Old 4cyl, inline 6cyl and V8 engines are good looking engines.
Most modern engines are fairly ugly and don't show well.
I keep my engine bonnets closed unless the engines actually need to be inspected, or serviced/maintained.

Old 4cyl, inline 6cyl and V8 engines are good looking engines.
Most modern engines are fairly ugly and don't show well.
I keep my engine bonnets closed unless the engines actually need to be inspected, or serviced/maintained.
I agree that older engines look much nicer than engines in newer vehicles. For example, here's a photo of the inline six-cylinder engine in my '65 Rambler American:

4.RamblerEngine.JPG

My 21 Explorer Timberline came with a engine cover over the 2.3

My 21 Explorer Timberline came with a engine cover over the 2.3
Your the first person on here to have a timberline other than myself, that I know of. I did not get a engine cover or struct tower cross brace.

Is any of this consistent with yours?

Back