engine has no power than all the sudden it gets power | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

engine has no power than all the sudden it gets power

majdi

Reaction score
City, State
kitchener, ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ranger
okay so i finally got my truck running after 4 engine swaps lol

so this is what happens, when the truck starts, it idles rough and engine shakes, i give it gas when its in park and engine revs up fine no problem

when i start driving it will have its full power that im used to for like 20 second than the truck will have no power i would floor the pedal and the truck wouldn't go it would maintain the rpm and not increase speed i would press harder on the peddle although its on the floor it would rev up high and shift and rev high and shift but no power, and after 3-4 min it will get its power back for like 30 seconds than were back to no power

checked vaccum leaks, replaced plugs, wires, coil pack, the maf sensor was also replaced , replaced the upper intake so all the sensors that are on it were swapped i guess , i have three upper intake manifolds

still having the same problem, my last engine was hydro locked had bent rods

check engine would go on and off randomly, i can't remember but i think when it turns off or as soon as it turns off i get the power of the motor back.

engine throwing codes , something to do with the octane mixture or something like that

please help

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my truck went through some deep water, it was over the hood but i was out right away and that's when it hydro locked, could it be that the ignition modual got wet , would it cause this ?

also oil pressure is showing not so normal its at the very beginning of the letter N but usually its in the middle of the word Normal

Can you post code numbers? The only "octane" code I can think of is a KOEO 341, which is mostly an informational code, by itself it wouldn't likely explain your symptoms.

I could see an ICM issue causing those symptoms: do you get any ignition codes? I could also see a fuel delivery issue cause those symptoms (your symptoms are very similar to the symptoms my Suburban was showing right before the fuel pump died completely).

Basically, there are a lot of possibilities. I would start with the trouble codes you pulled. Resolve KOEO codes first, then KOER codes, then CM codes. A quick check of fuel pressure (you may need to monitor pressure under various conditions where your symptoms are intermittent) to see if fuel delivery is up to par. Where you say you could have got things wet, be sure to check the power distribution box, ICM and other connectors for possible wetness.

k figured out the problem, i started to unplug sensors and see what they did to the engine, started with the tps, and guess woot my truck got its full power back, so i left it unplugged, drove 300 km and its pulling strong, it just idles ruff and and when stop and go it lags for a second before going, i unplugged the maf sensor, it had some power back but not as good as when i unplugged the tps . could it be the harness to the tps or the tps it self.

thanks

I suggest plugging everything back in, reset the codes, drive it, and pull the codes to see what they are.

When I did my motor swap, it did the exact same thing. Plug everything back in, and swap you o2 sensor plugs.

wow i can't believe something so stupid, i woulda never guessed

thanks runs great now.

wow i can't believe something so stupid, i woulda never guessed

thanks runs great now.

Me either! Took me about a day to figure that out. Lol.

Back