• Register Today It's free!

Engine life with Supercharger

fatboy0186

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
I have a '91 XLT, and I am about to put a rebuilt 4.0L ohv in it. I really like the supercharger idea, but I would like to get at least 100,000 miles out of my new motor. How much life would a supercharger take off the motor? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are a few concerns to doing that with your 91. First off, are you really gonna put another 100K miles on it?? If so, then be prepared to get your tranny rebuilt every 50K miles most likely. But as for your original question, yes with a good rebuild you should be able to get 100K miles. But if you rebuilt it with Vanir parts it would last even longer and have even more power.

vanir is good.... also a supercharger to the rebuilt engine wouldnt be too detrimental.... but i wouldnt do it becuase the engine may be new/rebuilt, but i bet that the rest of the drivetrain isnt.... if you want fast get a viper.... if you want to tow a boat, keep the x

Originally posted by Jason_25
be prepared to get your tranny rebuilt every 50K miles most likely.

an extra inline transmission cooler should help

leenjen, it will help..... but on a truck that has 140k on it already, it aint going to help that much.....

If you've got the cash for a supercharger, then you should also have the cash for a new, beefed up tranny!

Back