Engine question

amachinistizme

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
New Britain, CT.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer sport L.E.
Does anyone have a photo of a 1998 SOHC V6 engine w/t plenum removed that shows the opening for the oil sump?
Is it under this harness and the foam insert below? I'm trying to fix the PVC system. I would appreciate any photos and/or help on this. Thanx in advance.
20211203_124437.jpg

Yes, its towards the back of the engine under the harness the pcv valve hose is connected to it I would recommend replacing it as its near impossible to find the o ring that seals it to the engine
Does anyone have a photo of a 1998 SOHC V6 engine w/t plenum removed that shows the opening for the oil sump?
Is it under this harness and the foam insert below? I'm trying to fix the PVC system. I would appreciate any photos and/or help on this. Thanx in advance.
View attachment 424973

Yes, its towards the back of the engine under the harness the pcv valve hose is connected to it I would recommend replacing it as its near impossible to find the o ring that seals it to the engine
Um? Remove the harness and there's a fit piece of FOAM! Is it under the FOAM? There is NO hose leading out of the foam for the PCV! I bought the Oil sump and the rest of the PCV system from a local dealership. I need a PHOTO of What's under the harness and the FOAM.
PLEASE! thanks in advance.

Back