• Register Today It's free!

Engine stalls at 2000 RPM

sortasuave

Reaction score
City, State
Austin
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 EB
I have a 96 Eddie with the 6 in it (Not the SOHC). Total milage on the engine is about 155K. Up to now the truck has been pretty trustworthy and is used on very long read trips. However over the course of the last month or so, the engine has started to stall around 2000 RPM while going down the road. It doesn't happen all the time so I am pretty unsure what the cause of the problem is. I have changed the fuel filter and the plugs. This reduced the problem for a while, however it is back in full force. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Rico

Check your IAC.. I had a IAC that caused my truck to idle at 2000 RPM.. I replaced the IAC and it went away..

Thanks for the response

Blee,

Thanks for the response. However the problem is not with the the truck idle speed. (In fact, it idles really well). The problem seems to be specific to the engine stalling while accelerating (and it does not happen every time). Usually it stalls at around 2000 RPM in second gear. I have not been able to reproduce the problem at any other RPM or any other gear.

Again, thanks for the input!!

Rico

Back