Engine stalls at low rpm | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine stalls at low rpm

I am not saying I don't agree it is needed. It just seems every new thread from a new person doesn't contain the information. Not trying to be a PITA, just some questions we don't need it some we do. II could make suggestion; Before a person post a question the first time, it goes into a hold until a Mod reviews it, and verify the correct information is all filled out. I think that would stop the biggest part of the issues, along with give a break from always reviewing them after the fact. Have a Great Night

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And be a lot of work for the moderators, and would delays someone’s first post, which typically they come here because they need help.

Its called "busting balls" guys, I guess I grew up in a different time when you could give someone crap and expect to get it back without a bunch of butt hurt crying. This country is going to ****...... Run by Millennial's who think everyone deserves a trophy, and we cant offend anyone. lighten up for Christ sake. Laugh. Life is good! goes by too fast to be so serious.

I’m a millenial... and I do like to complain. You should pay respect where it’s due. If you have to flex on a forum then you really need to set your priorities straight.
You also need to know that what you are typing may not portray well through text because the tone is missing. This is a forum about Explorers, not Facebook.

:popcorn: I had to look this up

"
Millennial
Special little snowflake.

Born between 1982 and 1994 this generation is something special, cause Mom and Dad and their 5th grade teacher Mrs. Winotsky told them so. Plus they have a whole shelf of participation trophies sitting at home so it has to be true.

They believe themselves to be highly intelligent, the teachers and lecturers constantly gave them "A"'s in order to keep Mom and Dad from complaining to the Dean. Unfortunately, nobody explained to them the difference between and education and grade inflation so they tend to demonstrate poor spelling and even poorer grammar.

At work, millennials believe themselves to be overachievers who just aren't understood by their loser bosses. Even Mom said so when she showed up for the interview. They are the only generation in the universe to understand the concept of work life balance and to actually want to find a fulfilling career. All those Gen X losers just don't get it what with hoping to keep their jobs and pay the bills but they are just corporate drone so who cares what they think? They should be smart like Millennials and get Mom and Dad to pay for that stuff until they can work out what they want to do with their lives and then get rich doing it.
Well, I've been here at this job for 6 months now and I've been on time mostly so I should get a raise now 'cause I've paid my dues.
Did you know we are the most technologically advanced generation, like eva? And smart too. They call us millennials cause we were born before the millennial I think."

Is this all true?:confused:

And be a lot of work for the moderators, and would delays someone’s first post, which typically they come here because they need help.

Howdy. I am on a few other forums and they do it that way, with the amount of new people showing up here I don't think it would add any more work.

Have a Great Day

Need some help diagnosing an issue that Ford hasn't been able to reproduce and I think my mechanic went down the wrong path on.

My wife's 14 Ex Sport with 62,000 miles is dying at low RPMs. Has been occuring randomly for about 3 weeks now, and has occurred 6 different times.

Here's what I know:
  • Occurs when RPMs are low, at or below 1000 RPMs. Used to think it was just when idling as the car has stopped once at a stop sign and another at a stop light. However, this morning it died while she was driving around 20 mph (though not pushing the gas).
  • Cluster and Sync start throwing up a bunch of error codes, first AdvancTrac, then 911 Assist, Low Oil Pressure, All-Wheel Drive fault, etc. This immediately led my mechanic to the conclusion that it's a computer or software issue.
  • All screens go black, and it can take anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes for it to respond again, but when it does, it starts right back up and responds with no hesitation.
  • Engine does not sound like it's puttering as it dies...it simply just shuts off.
  • We have not had this happen multiple times on one trip.
  • Happens randomly...mostly seems to be with a cold start, but not only.
  • My mechanic was able to reproduce the issue (only 1 day out of the 4 days he had it), but when it did it, the OBD shot out about 2 dozen codes for seemingly every component.
  • Ford had it for 5 days and it never acted up. Without them witnessing or being able to record the issue happening, they aren't of any help.
  • We recently replaced the battery (June) and just had the Throttle Body cleaned on Thursday.
I think that about covers it. Any help in pointing me in the right direction will be appreciated! I am hoping to get another 2 years out of this car!

Is this just a random ~18 month bump or is it a special occasion?

Welcome to the Forum Devin.:wave:
Your thread was merged with this one.
There are a few other threads about stalling as well.

Peter

Sounds like an intermittent connection in the wiring harness somewhere, or a loose ground cable. Harness issues can be a real challenge to diagnose unfortunately.

The Ford shop manual has a section that lists all ground locations, each one should be checked for cleanliness and a tight fastener.

Anything happen to the vehicle prior to when it started acting up i.e. accident or a recent repair?

Back