"Enhanced Park Aids" missing? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"Enhanced Park Aids" missing?

MisterWizard

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Exploer Limited
2013 Explorer Limited:
The adventure started when someone backed into my rear liftgate and creased it in a difficult to repair place. Dealer body shop agreed replacing the lift gate was the best solution. During the work, they discovered the plastic housing holding the backup camera (which is a part of the chrome strip running across the liftgate) was broken. So, $641 later billed to my insurance, I had a new camera.
At first I had no parking aid grids in the display at all. They tried to program the camera, it failed. So, another new camera was ordered and it did program. I now see the backup guides........but........they don't move with turning the steering wheel, and the green/yellow/red proximity warning indicators don't show up either.
And I've looked at the camera settings in the vehicle, enhanced parking aids is turned on, but makes no difference.
Dealer is currently scratching their head at this one, trying to find out more information. Until then I wait.
Anyone have a similar issue, or possibly a simple solution?
FYI, I do have Forscan but am a bit intimidated by the scope of it and the potential for really screwing something up. And quite honestly I think it's on the dealership to fix this one correctly.

Updating this....apparently nobody else had a similar problem
Apparently the dealer missed a programming step when calibrating the new camera. The enhanced park aids (turning grid and visual proximity warnings) need to be enabled separately after doing the basic calibration.

Back