• Register Today It's free!

ESP for Canadians

HughCares

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
For those of you who may be considering an ESP for your ride, go to fordesp.ca. It is a site for the dealership in Barrie Ontario. I got a quote from my dealer in Waterloo and advised them that I was also going to contact the dealer in Barrie and would give them the opportunity to match the quote. I called the 800# for the Barrie dealership and chatted with a very pleasant women named Jessica. Her quote was $600 less than my dealership and everything could be done over phone to sign up. I told her I wanted to think about it and then contacted my dealer and advised them of the quote I had received. They were quite shocked at how much lower it was. The girl told me she would have to get the owner of the dealership to approve her ability to match it. Long story short, they were able to match it. I got the 6 year 100,000K plan for my 2012 EX Limited for $1900 (this included the $100 that you have topay if the vehicle is older than 1 year (but less than 3). Yes, I realize that it is higher thanwhat anyone in the US is likely paying....but there are not a lot of options in Canada.

I'm not an extended warranty guy.....never believed in them....but with all of the electronics etc on my Limited....I decided to go for it this time. Piece of mind if anything else......

For those of you who may be considering an ESP for your ride, go to fordesp.ca. It is a site for the dealership in Barrie Ontario. I got a quote from my dealer in Waterloo and advised them that I was also going to contact the dealer in Barrie and would give them the opportunity to match the quote. I called the 800# for the Barrie dealership and chatted with a very pleasant women named Jessica. Her quote was $600 less than my dealership and everything could be done over phone to sign up. I told her I wanted to think about it and then contacted my dealer and advised them of the quote I had received. They were quite shocked at how much lower it was. The girl told me she would have to get the owner of the dealership to approve her ability to match it. Long story short, they were able to match it. I got the 6 year 100,000K plan for my 2012 EX Limited for $1900 (this included the $100 that you have topay if the vehicle is older than 1 year (but less than 3). Yes, I realize that it is higher thanwhat anyone in the US is likely paying....but there are not a lot of options in Canada.

I'm not an extended warranty guy.....never believed in them....but with all of the electronics etc on my Limited....I decided to go for it this time. Piece of mind if anything else......
This dealership was discussed before and apparently they can only sell ESP Warranty to Ontario residents.

Peter

Back