ETA March 21...when will I get it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ETA March 21...when will I get it?

IslandFamily

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Sterling Gray Limited
So, last I heard from Seni (thank you, thank you, thank you) we had a build date of 3/12 (this past Saturday) and our sticker says the same. The ETA at the dealer is 3/21. We're getting the roof racks and DVDs installed and I was just wondering if anyone knew how long it takes them to do that? Assuming our car is at the dealer on 3/21, will it be a day or more like another week that we'll have to wait? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am not trying to sound like a silly smart guy-but who here can give you a better answer than the dealership installing the options? They should be able to give you a straight answer on completion time. Any answer you get here will be purely speculative.
Call the guy who sold you your car. :thumbsup:

So, last I heard from Seni (thank you, thank you, thank you) we had a build date of 3/12 (this past Saturday) and our sticker says the same. The ETA at the dealer is 3/21. We're getting the roof racks and DVDs installed and I was just wondering if anyone knew how long it takes them to do that? Assuming our car is at the dealer on 3/21, will it be a day or more like another week that we'll have to wait? Thanks!

3/21 because it is a monday is the week your car should arrive... My ETA was 3/7 and it showed up on 3/11 (but to note sync wasn't installed until 3/8 you can check when your sync is installed on syncmyride.com). I'd expect it there some time that week and not on the 21st. For whatever reason customer service doesn't let you know that the monday dates are week of dates.

The DVD's and roof racks should be done in prep, you should be able to drive the car home the day after it gets to your dealer.

Thanks so much! Turdle, I asked my husband to call the dealer and ask this question but I'm guessing he'll "forget." Since I was on checking a message I thought I'd post and see if anyone knew but you're right, I'll call the dealer if my husband doesn't get around to it.

Take the ETA date with a grain of salt. Many have been missed. Mine was 3/7 and the EX is still sitting in Chicago awaiting shipping and no explanation why. Makes ya wonder :rolleyes:

Take the ETA date with a grain of salt. Many have been missed. Mine was 3/7 and the EX is still sitting in Chicago awaiting shipping and no explanation why. Makes ya wonder :rolleyes:

Did you call customer service to ask what's going on. Mine was 3/7 also called on 3/8 and they escalated my priority. I got mine on 3/12 (was shipped on 3/11)

Did you call customer service to ask what's going on. Mine was 3/7 also called on 3/8 and they escalated my priority. I got mine on 3/12 (was shipped on 3/11)

No I haven't. I'll try that tomorrow, but do not have much hope. My sales guy has been checking his system daily, I imagine customer service uses the same system.

My ETA was today and it wasn't there as of this afternoon. I was told the same by my saleslady: The ETA is "week of" rather than the actual day.

I feel everyones pain. I'm trying not to think of it, but checking in on this forum five times a day makes it a little tuff.:D

My eta was 23 Feb and last info I was given would be it will be delivered to Chilliwack on the 19th. As of the 8th it was 150 miles away.... My dealer is not actually even in Chilliwack. So after 11 days my explorer will be 180 miles away... Lol so even farther:/

Got an update over on another site and it appears things are beginning to move for mine. Norfolk Southern got their pickup orders last Sunday, so it should be on its way this week.

IslandFamily,

My pleasure! The estimated time of arrival is just that, an estimate. Unfortunately there is no way to narrow it down to a specific day because of various possible delays in transit. However, I have had many customers report back that they have received their vehicles before the ETA and on the ETA. Keep in mind that after it arrives to your dealer, all dealer installed options must then be added to your Explorer.

As someone mentioned above, the best thing you can do is ask your salesman for his opinion. He may have a better guess since he is able to look at the options that will need to be added.

Patience is a virtue my friend, those who have ordered Explorers have definitely been fine tuning it. The wait will be over soon. :) I can't wait to read about how excited you are next week!

Seni

So, my husband did in fact call the dealer to ask how long it would take once the car was there (to install the roof rack and DVD player). The dealer said the roof rack would take no time at all and then he said he had NO IDEA the DVD player was dealer installed!?!?! So, I guess we'll just have to wait and see! He did say he didn't think it would take very long. I'm ready for my new car!!!

It's been 7 weeks for me and I was told that it could be another month!!!! I have no idea whats going on because I haven't received my VIN number yet. Called to get it today. I was told that because I ordered my explorer with rear inflatable seat belts that it was going to take a little longer. Can anyone confirm?

Back