Evans creek anyone? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Evans creek anyone?

We will start out on the 102 or 311, We will run the lower and upper 311,520 and 197,198,198a, for those who are not afraid of body damage, but you should expect at the very least some cascade pinstriping at evans

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WAExplorer said:
My son and I are planning to run the 311 trail. Is the trip still on? We'll be at the 410 cafe at 9. My son has a Toyota Pickup. What CB channel you on? We'll be looking for you. The cafe is out of our way. We are on the Eatonville side, but as long as the trip is on, we will meet you at the cafe.

how fast can you get from eatonville to evans creek? do you have to go up 162 then 165 or do you know a short cut as the birds fly?

We would not normally take the Y to the left to go to Buckley. We would Y to the right towards Wilkeson. We can meet you at the cafe, no problem.

Waexplorer-were did you and your son take off too? I saw you arrive and the next minute you were gone.

9883DVC00544.jpg

9883DVC00547.jpg

9883DVC00548.jpg

9883DVC00553.jpg

I didn't get many photos on my camera and the one I got were mostly of the jeeps :hmm: ,But my friend got a few and when I get copys from him tomorrow I will get then up.
I think everyone had a good and nothing serious happened.
We did run into to snow on the upper 311 and 520 and were the first ones on the trail on the 197, the snow added "fun" to the trail

We went to get our passes. We were a little pressed for time, and there were a lot of rigs. We had another trail to run too. So we did the 311 early then went to the other side of the river to run the other trail. Beautiful day!!!

Mt_Rainier1.jpg

It was a Beautiful day, it took us 2 hours to get through the 311's. first there was a jeeper who wenting wheeling by him self and broke his rear driveshaft and could not get out of the lower the lower 311 so nightkrawler gave hime a tow out and then on the upper I ended up pulling a Bronco2 the last 3/4's of the trail because his tires were to slick for the snow and grade. He went home after that. we went on to do the 520 and 198a and 198 we didn't get on the road heading home till well after dark

That was our fear... Being there after dark. We had to pull over for that jeep too. There were four Samurai behind us, so when we pulled over for the jeep the Zukis went in front of us.

some pics

Attachments

• jaydog.jpg
    jaydog.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 104
  • josh snow.jpg
    josh snow.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 100
  • gibby snow.jpg
    gibby snow.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 94

more pics