• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust for 4.0 SOHC

Jamieh560

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
I just got my superlift lift kit on. I'm taking it to get aligned tomorrow and wednesday I'm taking to get a exhaust put on. I don't want duals cuz i know know matter what, I won't get that throaty sound of a v8. So looking a dual inlet and single outlet muffler. I don't want it "raspy" nor real loud. I want it throaty and louder than stock. I was thinking a flowmaster 50 or 40 series. What do ya'll think?? Thanks for any help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

40 series is usually what people put on there to try and get the sound, but I've heard a few 50s and they sound great as well. So both are good choices

-Drew

I put a forza-flow on mine (dual in/dual out) and it has a really deep sound at idle and sounds good thru the RPMs but never gets the raspy sound....although it is turned down after the muffler....that may be louder than you want..

I would do 50 series. 40 is going to be way too loud.

Thanks guys I think I'm going to go with a 50 series flowmaster.

+1 on the 50 here

how much would it cost me about to get a shop to do a 50 series muffler catback system for my 96 sohc?

Back