explorer 5.0 front dress to mustang 5.0 front dress | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer 5.0 front dress to mustang 5.0 front dress

xploder98

Reaction score
City, State
Hemet, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Saleen xp8 #27
Hows it going everyone. Im trying to find out if anyone knows how to and what all is needed to convert the 5.0 explorer front accessory dress to the mustang 5.0 front accessory dress, for supercharging reasons ;) ive looked all over the web and havent had any luck.

Look up username vroomzoomboom, he has a supercharger on his and I don't believe he had to change any accessories. But I would take a guess and say you'd need the accessories and the accessory brackets? Should get ya close.

To change front dress you need Timing cover, water pump, accessory brackets, accessories. You'll also need a crank pulley. All this stuff will stick out farther from the front of the engine so radiator mount mods might be necessary also. I believe this will also change the rotational direction of the cooling fan and water pump.

Your best bet is to modify the supercharger itself to work with the explorer front dress IMO

I think you would need to change over to the mustang ignition system. If you change the timing cover you loose the crank sensor. Go to the for sale section. Vroomzoomboom is selling his old m90 kit. And hes also selling kits to put a m112 on factory explorers.

Back