Explorer Audio upgrade(s) | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nevermind. Order placed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nevermind. Order placed.
I replaced my tweeters because I never heard any real highs coming from them. I do now. I can't understand how Ford can consistently come up with crap sound solutions. My wife's 2017 Lincoln MKZ has a fantastic stereo so I know they know what to do when they want to.

I make a double wire to the the jbl o. Both terminals and took the pos and neg from HU into one then pos and neg from tweets to the other. Everything working fine
Do you have both the woofer and tweeter outputs going to the same speaker? Sounds like a recipe for burning out your amp.

I replaced my tweeters because I never heard any real highs coming from them. I do now. I can't understand how Ford can consistently come up with crap sound solutions. My wife's 2017 Lincoln MKZ has a fantastic stereo so I know they know what to do when they want to.
I think you answered your own question. One's a Ford and one's a Lincoln.:)

Peter

Glad I ordered them then. Thanks.

I think you answered your own question. One's a Ford and one's a Lincoln.:)

Peter
But I have a "Limited" Explorer. Its not like she has a "Continental". They have the equipment, why can't they just throw it in?

But I have a "Limited" Explorer. Its not like she has a "Continental". They have the equipment, why can't they just throw it in?
$$$$$ and the fact they want to differentiate between brands.

Do you have both the woofer and tweeter outputs going to the same speaker? Sounds like a recipe for burning out your amp.

No this is all just wired into factory for fitment.
I have now gotten a lcq1
Polk audio pa660 that will be powering the highs
And my good old kenwood kac-9104d that will be powering my kicker l5 solo baric.

Taking my time and mounting amps to mdf routing grooves on the underside for cable management proper fitting shrink tube ect. Full Install will be happening next week when my audio guru comes in from his hitch. Guna mount the lcq-1 in center console for easy access and a oranizer tray from amazon to hide it. highs amp under second row seat and kenwood under 3rd row seat.

Im plannin on letting the HU run the tweeters and leaving center speaker for no . Will tackle that in the near future.

Since the JBL already has a crossover, you should be able to just use the lower speaker connector and just discard the tweeter wires, or better still, just keep them connected to the old tweeters.

I have a question not related to this.

That sub you used, did you replace the one in your Explorer? The one in the back right.

...... the Rockford Fosgate subwoofer in the backgroud, the power amp on the rear floor up front and the DSR1 in the middle.

The Subwoofer was kind of buzzy Until I tightened the bolts but I'll line that enclosure with polyfill sometime this week.

index.php

How did you wire the new sub? Did adapters come with it? I think I might get the same one.

Thanks.

How did you wire the new sub? Did adapters come with it? I think I might get the same one.

Thanks.
Honestly, its been almost 2 years so I really don't remember. But the speakers never come with adapters. Since I got them from Crutchfield they let you know if you need adapters and either give them to you or sell them to you. I do remember it was a really fast install. The hardest part was removing that rear panel. It took maybe an hour.

Honestly, its been almost 2 years so I really don't remember. But the speakers never come with adapters. Since I got them from Crutchfield they let you know if you need adapters and either give them to you or sell them to you. I do remember it was a really fast install. The hardest part was removing that rear panel. It took maybe an hour.

Thanks for replying. I ended up getting the Pioneer sub to try out. I want to use the harness that is attached to the current factory sub. Just don't want to screw it up!

But maybe I can't? 4 wires from the factory sub and 4 spots on the new sub.

Thanks for replying. I ended up getting the Pioneer sub to try out. I want to use the harness that is attached to the current factory sub. Just don't want to screw it up!

But maybe I can't? 4 wires from the factory sub and 4 spots on the new sub.
Yes, setup should be easy. It is a dual subwoofer so 2 wires for each channel, as long as you don't get the wires mixed up.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyone own a non sony system and has done a successful install?

i am using the lcq-1 and running off main leads from behind the head unit left and right front, left and right rear but something just isnt right.

are these signals all crossed over somewhere? or can i use front or rears to get a full range signal?
have been searching for weeks and can not find any info on this. as in if there is a full range signal i can use for input signal...

Anyone own a non sony system and has done a successful install?

i am using the lcq-1 and running off main leads from behind the head unit left and right front, left and right rear but something just isnt right.

are these signals all crossed over somewhere? or can i use front or rears to get a full range signal?
have been searching for weeks and can not find any info on this. as in if there is a full range signal i can use for input signal...

You can get "full range" output from the front speakers & easiest.

You might explain what isn't right with your install. I have used the Audio Control LCQ-1 on other car installs and have had problems with a high floor noise, even with the gains turned way down.

You can get "full range" output from the front speakers & easiest.

You might explain what isn't right with your install. I have used the Audio Control LCQ-1 on other car installs and have had problems with a high floor noise, even with the gains turned way down.

As of now i have the front right and left /rear right and left leads from right behind the radio into the respected inputs on the lcq-1. I am getting hiss from the tweeters however im getting distortion/clipping in the rear. The jumpers are set to sum the front sig to the rear.

Havent even got to put my sub in due to constant issues with the lcq

El_Chapo; the first thing to check is your ground, with a poor ground you can get a lot of hiss. You might also look at the output levels of the LCQ-1 if these are set to high it can cause the problems you are experiencing. When you are setting the equalizer pots I like to "cut" the frequencies not increase them. What amps are you using, these might be causing the hiss and distortion.

I know many people use these and are happy with them, but I know for me I could never get rid of the hiss introduced to the system from the LCQ-1. The things you are experiencing is what caused me to go with the Audison Bit Ten and never look back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can anyone tell me if the base model sound system in a 2019 XLT 201a with sync 3 8" screen nav ect. Has crossed over singals or are all 7 speakers full range?

Back