Explorer Down Pipes and Corsa Exhaust Exclusively from Livernois Motorsports | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Down Pipes and Corsa Exhaust Exclusively from Livernois Motorsports

There is always the Magnaflow system.

that's more on price point, and hopefully more systems come out to help with competitive pricing. Don't want to derail this thread though.

Love to hear some more exhaust clips. Still on the fence about the sound. Some parts sound awesome, some parts touch into that too much v6 type sound, need more video clips to decide!

I'd love to hear a downpipe with stock catback, and vice versa too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that's more on price point, and hopefully more systems come out to help with competitive pricing. Don't want to derail this thread though.

Love to hear some more exhaust clips. Still on the fence about the sound. Some parts sound awesome, some parts touch into that too much v6 type sound, need more video clips to decide!

I'd love to hear a downpipe with stock catback, and vice versa too.

But that is the system that people complain about the horrible drone on. Any system in that price range is going to have major trade offs.

304ss vs 409ss

complete bolt on install vs. an install that requires cutting

drone free vs. drone

no packing vs. packed muffler that can blow out/get louder over time

again, we don't know what the final price point will be, but we want this to be something that is a premium piece. It's not going to be for everyone, but we have heard endless complaints about the currently available offerings for these cars and want to fix that. That does mean that we have to put all of the trade offs that were done to meet a price point back into it to have the downsides corrected.

But that is the system that people complain about the horrible drone on. Any system in that price range is going to have major trade offs.

304ss vs 409ss

complete bolt on install vs. an install that requires cutting

drone free vs. drone

no packing vs. packed muffler that can blow out/get louder over time

again, we don't know what the final price point will be, but we want this to be something that is a premium piece. It's not going to be for everyone, but we have heard endless complaints about the currently available offerings for these cars and want to fix that. That does mean that we have to put all of the trade offs that were done to meet a price point back into it to have the downsides corrected.

Understood and I don't disagree with any part of that! It's great to have a higher quality option on the market. It's just a little hard to swallow a potential $600+ price differential. Long term it's worth it for no drone and a 100% bolt up install, so I'll just be hoping you guys will offer an initial release group buy or military discount or something so I can convince myself to let the mod bug bite :D

Is the diameter of the system the same as stock or the magnaflow setups?

Understood and I don't disagree with any part of that! It's great to have a higher quality option on the market. It's just a little hard to swallow a potential $600+ price differential. Long term it's worth it for no drone and a 100% bolt up install, so I'll just be hoping you guys will offer an initial release group buy or military discount or something so I can convince myself to let the mod bug bite :D

I would definately be in for an initial discounted group buy.

This would be a 2.5" system to mate up with our downpipes, so it will be an increase in diameter over stock.

This would be a 2.5" system to mate up with our downpipes, so it will be an increase in diameter over stock.

Will you be offering a reducer to mate up to the stock exhaust? At least in my experience they power gains are primarily in the downpipes. It would be a nice price point option.

While these both are larger than stock, the catback will work with both our downpipes and the stock downpipes. Likewise the downpipes will be engineered to work with the stock cat back or ours.

I gotta say, I had the explorer up on ramps yesterday to install HID fog lights, and holy cow, some of the factory piping is so crimped down, I'm amazed they even got 365 hp out of this thing stock lol. My phone was dead or I would have gotten some pics.

While these both are larger than stock, the catback will work with both our downpipes and the stock downpipes. Likewise the downpipes will be engineered to work with the stock cat back or ours.

Nice! Thanks Andy.

Does any one know if the down pipes and will set off codes in the car or pass inspection? I was just talking to a Ford tech who is going to do my installs for the livernois products and said generally racing cats throw codes in the car. Unless something in the tune makes it not read the rear 02 sensor, but then he said that it wouldnt pass inspection when the time came. And as much as I love modifying cars, I do use this as a daily driver as well. Also is the down pipe and cat all one piece? Because he mentioned as option to do livernois down pipe, stock cat, livernois cat back if its all bolt on.

Also how is the mpg effected?

<snip> so I'll just be hoping you guys will offer an initial release group buy or military discount or something <snip>

Count me in if you guys decide on group buy

Does any one know if the down pipes and will set off codes in the car or pass inspection? I was just talking to a Ford tech who is going to do my installs for the livernois products and said generally racing cats throw codes in the car. Unless something in the tune makes it not read the rear 02 sensor, but then he said that it wouldnt pass inspection when the time came. And as much as I love modifying cars, I do use this as a daily driver as well. Also is the down pipe and cat all one piece? Because he mentioned as option to do livernois down pipe, stock cat, livernois cat back if its all bolt on.

Also how is the mpg effected?

A vehicle with down pipes will not pass emissions testing. The down pipes replace the section of the exhaust system where the factory catalytic converters are located. Gas mileage would not be affected by the down pipe installation.

-Anthony

Andy, is the Corsa being set up to be a direct bolt in? Or will there be cutting and so forth to get the system to fit?

It is being set up as a direct bolt in.

What's your installed price?

That will be determined when we get a finished product and install it on our own Explorer Sport to determine how long it will take.

There is always the Magnaflow system.

Yes there is always the Magnaflow but they tend to drone quite a bit, the Corsa is a drone free exhaust!

A vehicle with down pipes will not pass emissions testing. The down pipes replace the section of the exhaust system where the factory catalytic converters are located. Gas mileage would not be affected by the down pipe installation.

-Anthony

I thought I read where you were going to offer catted and non catted down pipes:dunno:

I thought I read where you were going to offer catted and non catted down pipes:dunno:

Yes the catted down pipe has a high flow race style cat which still requires a modified tune file. So either version is technically an off road use only or will not pass emission testing.

Yes the catted down pipe has a high flow race style cat which still requires a modified tune file. So either version is technically an off road use only or will not pass emission testing.

Well, then count me out, as NJ is busting our ballz...........lol

Yeah I'm loving all the parts coming out from you guys for the sport. Im hoping these fit the 2014. I think everything is compatible, my guy said the only thing may be tune. He said something about a 4 digit number on the car to see if it matches with the one you guys used for the tune

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He said something about a 4 digit number on the car to see if it matches with the one you guys used for the tune

We would need the strategy code from the vehicle. You would use the tuner to retrieve the strategy code from the vehicle because the computer is located under the wiper cowl.

Back