Explorer Down Pipes and Corsa Exhaust Exclusively from Livernois Motorsports | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Down Pipes and Corsa Exhaust Exclusively from Livernois Motorsports

Hey Livernois, what kind of power pickup did you see with the catback on the dyno?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Livernois, what kind of power pickup did you see with the catback on the dyno?

We have seen a significant gain from the cat back exhaust. Anywhere from 15-25 whp on average depending on the tune and supporting modifications.

We would like to let our local customers know that currently we are offering free installation on the Thunderstorm Explorer Sport Cat back exhaust to the first 5 customers. (Polished stainless version) Let us know if you are interested and we can schedule an appointment. Feel free to give us a call or PM for more information or to be added to the calendar. 313-561-5500

new sport owner 2014 white boy

so what are we going to do first???
well actualy it would be second. i just ordered weather gaurd floor liners!!!

so what are we going to do first???
well actualy it would be second. i just ordered weather gaurd floor liners!!!

Congratulations on the new Sport! I would recommend the cold air intake, cat back exhaust, 170 degree thermostat, and our custom tuning as well. I believe we have already PM'ed but just wanted to reply on here as well.

Given that I'm running the tune a step down from XV1, and knowing the limitations of the factory fuel delivery/turbos/whatever else, will I still see a performance increase with the cat back exhaust?

Given that I'm running the tune a step down from XV1, and knowing the limitations of the factory fuel delivery/turbos/whatever else, will I still see a performance increase with the cat back exhaust?

Yes with out a doubt. We have recorded very impressive gains on our Explorer using this exhaust. With the custom version of our developmental race tune we used to set the record 12.81 pass we recorded gains around 30 all wheel horse power on the dyno.

No Audio or Video yet? Not at the track. Like start up and at idle?

There will be a different version of the tune required to run the down pipes but the exhaust does not require any tune modifications at this time.

Here is a video demonstration of the exhaust.

OK.....so if I get this cat back system, and am not running the meth injection, I will still see the power increases? Will I need to be running the 'developmental race tune' in order to realize the performance? I'd like to drop my truck off to you guys tomorrow if I can actually get as much HP as you are saying (plus the much better sound).

OK.....so if I get this cat back system, and am not running the meth injection, I will still see the power increases? Will I need to be running the 'developmental race tune' in order to realize the performance? I'd like to drop my truck off to you guys tomorrow if I can actually get as much HP as you are saying (plus the much better sound).

Yes the improvements would be noticeable and not require a different tune. That tune I spoke of was our tuner putting the vehicle on kill at the track which is not something that we send out to customers for safety and drivability reasons. The exhaust from factory is restrictive and removing that system will reduce back pressure and increase flow as well as sounding much better. For installation you would need to call and set an appointment to bring the vehicle in.

no issues running the catback on a stock explorer otherwise? I don't want to do a tune till the 3 yr/36k is up, but would love to do a catback sooner.

no issues running the catback on a stock explorer otherwise? I don't want to do a tune till the 3 yr/36k is up, but would love to do a catback sooner.

Our cat back system is compatible with a stock vehicle as well as modified and would not require tuning or any additional modifications. The performance gains would be significantly greater of course in combination with a performance tune but not a requirement.

Our cat back system is compatible with a stock vehicle as well as modified and would not require tuning or any additional modifications. The performance gains would be significantly greater of course in combination with a performance tune but not a requirement.

Cant wait to get this cat back, and you where right the Airaid CAI is quite unlike other high quality units ive had on NA engines that sounded like ****, with your tune its hardly noticeable, sounds nice, which was hard for me to believe before i installed it.

Cant wait to get this cat back, and you where right the Airaid CAI is quite unlike other high quality units ive had on NA engines that sounded like ****, with your tune its hardly noticeable, sounds nice, which was hard for me to believe before i installed it.

Glad to hear you like the intake. We love the way the intakes sound and perform on these Ecoboost platforms especially. Speaking of our Cat Back here is some before and after videos one of our customers posted on you tube.

Before

After

We have them in stock and ready to ship. Available in both black and polished versions.
Order yours today here on our website

DSC_0719__12925_zoom.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

man do I want one so bad! hopefully tax refund will be great. Once spring comes around im def planning on getting these

Back