explorer lift and tire question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer lift and tire question

i own a 97 ford explorer 2wd i was wondering if i buy the pro comp 3" suspension lift kit what the biggest tire i can put on without any modification or cutting and also ive noticed theres not to much lift kits out there for 97 2wd i really want a 5 inch lift so if youll have any recomendations let meknow thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

searchage

You can fit 33s usually with 3" of lift but you'll have to do some trimming. You could do the 3" procomp and a 2" bodylift for 5" total and run 33s with no problems.

Or spindles, tt, and an soa :)

Hartman said:
You can fit 33s usually with 3" of lift but you'll have to do some trimming. You could do the 3" procomp and a 2" bodylift for 5" total and run 33s with no problems.

theres no way u can fit 33s on 3in of lift, ull cut so much of your fender it will look hidieous, i have the 4in superlift suspension on my 99 on 33s and i had to cut a good amount of the fender, the only way to clear 33s with no problem is to go 4in suspension and 2in bl, maybe a 5in but u may have to trim a little

you can do

3" Spindles and 2" TT(You could do 3+"but than your gunna have alignemnt probs and youll need adjustable uppers) along with a SOA in the back and 3" Body lift for total of 9"s and fit 35"s nicely

Heres mine with 9"s of lift and 37"s

11574Picture_001_Small_.jpg

Back