Explorer Sport Air Pressure Question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport Air Pressure Question.

Hello fellow Explorer Drivers

I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4x2.

I was just wondering what air pressure I need for my front and rear tires.

Cause my explorer tires look like they are running out of air. So if there is anyone out there that knows the air pressure for my explorer for the front and rear tires please respond to my message.

Thanks

All depends on your tires. The max air pressure should be stamped on the tire itself. I think mine run 30-35 psi (but I can't remember off hand). Michelin LTX M/S on stock 2000 16" rims.

Welcome to the site Sam! My tires have the air pressure on the sides in chinese. Did you figure out how much to put inside your tires? I run inner tubes so im not sure it's the same.

Another question, if i breath in and hold 2 lbs of air, does that mean i need to blow in my inner tube 10 times to get 20lbs? Im confused.

Thanks in advance, an welcome

This is an old thread. Was it your first thread? I've just moved it to the correct section. Sam, was this problem fixed? You most likely have a leak caused by a nail or dry rot if you keep losing air on a regular basis. Go to a tire shop, and have them put it in a tub of water.

I think it should be on the door jamb. Otherwise check the tire itself, it should have the rating there.

Back