Explorer Sport Trac Computer Module | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport Trac Computer Module

lpease

Reaction score
City, State
Roseville, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport Trac
Just bought a 2003 Explorer Sport Trac. I need the keyless entry factory code, which is printed on the computer module. Does anybody know where the computer module is located on a 2003 Sport Trac? I've already looked behind the passenger airbag--not there. Any ideas? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just bought a used Explorer Sport without the keyless entry code. I stopped by the local Ford dealer and the service guy plugged in a scanner beneath the steering wheel and within 2 minutes gave me the code. No charge! Or you can keep hunting......... Good luck!

Pop up the trim piece that covers your windshield defroster vents. From outside the vehicle, look through your windshield down into the exposed passenger area. You will see a 5 digit code printed on top of a box that houses the proper module. This is your master code :thumbsup: It's kinda tucked in there...

It is located on the passenger side of the engine compartment. Remove 3 screws and it slides right out. 2 screws on each side hold the module in place, and the 3rd screw holds the wire connector in place. If you remove it, I would disconnect your negative battery cable.

It is located on the passenger side of the engine compartment. Remove 3 screws and it slides right out. 2 screws on each side hold the module in place, and the 3rd screw holds the wire connector in place. If you remove it, I would disconnect your negative battery cable.

This module that you are talking about is the main powertrain ECU...not the keyless entry unit.

Back