Explorer Sports 2015 Headlight Upgrade | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sports 2015 Headlight Upgrade

Awesome this helps a lot, thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I am going to do a full retro to the TRS D2S. Just connected with a very highly recommended retro fitter, all TRS parts 800 for labor 500 for the parts including taxes and all. I am thinking that's a great price since I don't have to go baking the lights etc and will be running 50W safely. Will post pics when completed.

I went ahead and ordered some 55w 6k HID from DDM tuning.
I ordered that for the 9005 and h11 (fog)
I completely forgot to change the h11 to 35w. Just received them this afternoon and realize the mistake.

I've always heard that 55w for the fog would get too hot and can damage the assembly...
Has anyone tried them on the fog on the Explorer?
Really don't feel like sending them back and getting the 35w without asking you guys first. I want to know if It will be a problem putting them on the fog lights. For obvious reasons I know it will probably be too bright. In that case I'll probably never used them unless I need to. But just out of curiosity...

Fog lamps

Pretty pitiful light output from the fogs, I have the HID headlamps on the Limited they are fine, but the fog lights are a joke. I would be interested in hearing about a LED replacement for them or a better solution than the stock bulbs.

TBill
I have 2012 limited what set did u get for yours

Back