Explorer ST A-pillar material

Hammy1

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Hey guys,

Just curious if anyone else has 2 different A-pillar materials. The driver side is the same material as the head liner while the passenger side is hard plastic. My build date is September 12 2020.

All the other pillars are the same like the passenger side however the driver side textured material looks way better IMO.

Considering making the dealer switch out the passenger side to match the driver side. Let me know if I’m the only one. I’m assuming they just ran out of parts on the line and slapped these in to get it out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

5A555FAE-7689-4E1F-A205-13A9A1A2A572.jpeg

01D64A0A-E432-46F7-87FF-F8BB535B6F96.jpeg

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You are the first to bring this up. Either you are the only one with this issue or others haven't noticed. You'd think that perhaps there is another owner out there with the reversed issue.;)

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You are the first to bring this up. Either you are the only one with this issue or others haven't noticed. You'd think that perhaps there is another owner out there with the reversed issue.;)

Peter

Thanks for the warm welcome Peter. I just got back from the dealership. They have ordered the replacement A-pillar trim. Once it comes in they will replace it out.

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like the xlt’s come with the hard plastic trim pieces so there should be one with a cloth piece on their passenger side lol.

Excellent attention to detail and good on dealer for replacing!

Got the car back from the dealer today. It was originally in for a Ford Pass Connect issue but to my surprise the also replace the A-pillar.

Looks so much better. They replaced the hard plastic a cloth one.

Back