• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

ExplorerDMB00's 2000 XLT (7" Lift w/ 33" SSRs)

I just realized that I haven't put my Explorer on here. Well This is what has happened so far:

Lift:

-4" Trailmaster FB120 (Ranger Kit) w/ Superlift 4" Springs In The Rear.
-3" Performance Accessories Body Lift (Kit #883)

Drivetrain:

-5R55E AOD Trans
-4.56:1 Gear Ratio
-Ford Racing Limited Slip

Tire and Wheels:

-33x12.50xR15 Interco Super Swamper Radials (SSRs)
-15x8 American Racing Diamond Backs

Other Mods:

-5% Tint in Rear; 15% on Driver and Passenger Windows
-Blue L.E.D. Underbodies
-Generation II Reverse Glow Gauges
-AUTOPAGE Remote Start/Keyless Entry/Alarm with LCD Pager/Remote
-EuroDesignz Xenon H1 Foglights
-EuroDesignz Xenon 9007 Headlights
-Billet Grill
-8.8" Chrome Differential Cover
-Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust

I am currently 18 and a aspiring automotive technican. I am employeed at a local repair shop (#1 rated in the Richmond area for about 5 years now) and I have enjoyed working there. I plan on attending a automotive tech school starting in fall of 2005. I have done just about everything to my truck myself (with a few assisting hands from co-workers and most of the electrical stuff was done by my friend at his shop *discounts*) and I believe full-heartedly that if you work on your truck yourself, you will have more respect for yourself and enjoy your vehicle much more! I have learned a lot through working on my Explorer. My home is in Mechanicsville, Virginia (15 minutes from Richmond) and it is a nice suburban area. I do not like the city AT ALL! My truck should be in Februarys or Marchs issue of 4wheelparts magazine Off-Road Adventures in the Before&After section. I will hopefully have more information soon. Enjoy the pictures and this is what I plan on doing soon:

Engine Performance Mods, rerouting exhaust (very soon), rerouting front drivetrain for a d.c. yoke slip joint driveshaft, traveling tires (most likely BFGoodrich A/Ts with black rock crawler wheels).

Pictures:

Before

464729_18_full.jpg

After

464729_86_full.jpg

464729_88_full.jpg

I have a website on cardomain which is on my signature! There are a lot of pictures there. And I just want to say thank you to this forum - I wouldn't have this without this website! Thanks!

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
UK Explorer said:
I am am having real trouble at the moment trying to find anywhere over there that will ship the Superlift to me :mad:

sorry to hear! Hopefully you will be able to get it soon! Good luck.

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
I thought I put pictures of my exhaust on this thread, but I guess not.

Upgraded it from the 2.25" pipes to the 2.5" on a 45 with a 3" tip. I was just trying to hide it (hard to do with a BL), but it looks pretty good. Nothing to brag about.

464729_105_full.jpg

464729_106_full.jpg

I also plan on doing a cluster swap soon with the factory white faced gauges out of a 01' sport/sport track. I think it's goin to look good.

-Drew

i8u

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, St. Louis, Roaring Fork Valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 SR5 4.7L 4runner
Beautiful! Add one more to the list who wants to model their explorer after yours. :thumbsup:

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Thanks, i8u!

Update:

I'm flashing my computer with a Ford tool at work sometime soon and this will correct my speedometer/odometer.

I'm also currently making '03 F-150 A-Pillar handles fit on my 2000. I think I can make it work, but it's just going to take some time. It's going to look good though - promise!

-Drew

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Update: (4-27-2005)

I recently upgraded my differential cover because the chrome one had pitted and began to rust. Here are some pictures:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am still trying to figure out the computer/speedo recalibration for my truck (I am not in a hurry, thats why it'll take so long). I have started the F-150 handles and it's going to be extremely difficult to fabricate the spacers for the handles to attatch well to the pillar. I will hope to have it completed by the summer.

Installation Write Up!
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133522

-Drew

collkid

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
WOWOW! will you marry me?

UK Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Norfolk, UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
UK 2001 4.0 V.6 4x4
collkid said:
WOWOW! will you marry me?

To late - were already engaged :mattmoon: :eek: :D

BigDave!!!

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 2WD
holy hell those things are gi-frigging-nomous. look great though! i though boomins was gonna be bigger since he had like a 6" suspension and 3" body but yours looked bigger drew

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
The thing that kind of shocks me is the tires. His are 35s and mine are 33s....don't they look the same?

-Drew

BigDave!!!

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 2WD
ExplorerDMB said:
The thing that kind of shocks me is the tires. His are 35s and mine are 33s....don't they look the same?

-Drew
if you didnt point that out i really would have not noticed! now that i know, yours looks a little bit smaller but i could never tell before

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Update (September 8, 2005)

Well, it's been awhile since I've updated this, so I wanted to type a little bit. I am currently going back to school to get my associates degree in Automotive Technology and getting my ASE certifications for Master Tech. Basically, what I'm saying is I haven't had time for anything. I did try and make a ASMI Air Intake work out for me, but it went a little sour when the filter got wet somehow when my truck was parked which allowed the engine to idle a little strange. I got rid of it. I am still working on my F-150 handles, but that's on total hold; so is my front driveshaft dilema. Hopefully I'll have time to finish it next semester. Here are a few links:

ASMI Intake

F-150 Handles

-Drew

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
When I put the billet grill on, it was the only one on ebay so I went ahead and bought it and didn't feel like forking out 150 for the bumper grill. Well, I finally looked it up the other week and well, found one for just the right price. I put that on and a 13" rubber Antenna. Looks good I think (I am now hating VA for making it so we have to have a front and rear license plate):

464729_146_full.jpg

464729_148_full.jpg

464729_147_full.jpg

-Drew

hansfranz

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XL
Did I read right that you put a trailmaster lift designed for a Ranger on the front? Could that be done on a '97?

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Sure could, but I believe there is a slight modification to one of the brackets. Talk with Ray Labato He has a '97.

-Drew

TYBR6

Reaction score
City, State
Parkland, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
very nice