ExplorerDMB00's 2000 XLT (7" Lift w/ 33" SSRs) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ExplorerDMB00's 2000 XLT (7" Lift w/ 33" SSRs)

I just realized that I haven't put my Explorer on here. Well This is what has happened so far:

Lift:

-4" Trailmaster FB120 (Ranger Kit) w/ Superlift 4" Springs In The Rear.
-3" Performance Accessories Body Lift (Kit #883)

Drivetrain:

-5R55E AOD Trans
-4.56:1 Gear Ratio
-Ford Racing Limited Slip

Tire and Wheels:

-33x12.50xR15 Interco Super Swamper Radials (SSRs)
-15x8 American Racing Diamond Backs

Other Mods:

-5% Tint in Rear; 15% on Driver and Passenger Windows
-Blue L.E.D. Underbodies
-Generation II Reverse Glow Gauges
-AUTOPAGE Remote Start/Keyless Entry/Alarm with LCD Pager/Remote
-EuroDesignz Xenon H1 Foglights
-EuroDesignz Xenon 9007 Headlights
-Billet Grill
-8.8" Chrome Differential Cover
-Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust

I am currently 18 and a aspiring automotive technican. I am employeed at a local repair shop (#1 rated in the Richmond area for about 5 years now) and I have enjoyed working there. I plan on attending a automotive tech school starting in fall of 2005. I have done just about everything to my truck myself (with a few assisting hands from co-workers and most of the electrical stuff was done by my friend at his shop *discounts*) and I believe full-heartedly that if you work on your truck yourself, you will have more respect for yourself and enjoy your vehicle much more! I have learned a lot through working on my Explorer. My home is in Mechanicsville, Virginia (15 minutes from Richmond) and it is a nice suburban area. I do not like the city AT ALL! My truck should be in Februarys or Marchs issue of 4wheelparts magazine Off-Road Adventures in the Before&After section. I will hopefully have more information soon. Enjoy the pictures and this is what I plan on doing soon:

Engine Performance Mods, rerouting exhaust (very soon), rerouting front drivetrain for a d.c. yoke slip joint driveshaft, traveling tires (most likely BFGoodrich A/Ts with black rock crawler wheels).

Pictures:

Before

464729_18_full.jpg

After

464729_86_full.jpg

464729_88_full.jpg

I have a website on cardomain which is on my signature! There are a lot of pictures there. And I just want to say thank you to this forum - I wouldn't have this without this website! Thanks!

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

UK Explorer said:
I am am having real trouble at the moment trying to find anywhere over there that will ship the Superlift to me :mad:

sorry to hear! Hopefully you will be able to get it soon! Good luck.

-Drew

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I thought I put pictures of my exhaust on this thread, but I guess not.

Upgraded it from the 2.25" pipes to the 2.5" on a 45 with a 3" tip. I was just trying to hide it (hard to do with a BL), but it looks pretty good. Nothing to brag about.

464729_105_full.jpg

464729_106_full.jpg

I also plan on doing a cluster swap soon with the factory white faced gauges out of a 01' sport/sport track. I think it's goin to look good.

-Drew

Beautiful! Add one more to the list who wants to model their explorer after yours. :thumbsup:

Thanks, i8u!

Update:

I'm flashing my computer with a Ford tool at work sometime soon and this will correct my speedometer/odometer.

I'm also currently making '03 F-150 A-Pillar handles fit on my 2000. I think I can make it work, but it's just going to take some time. It's going to look good though - promise!

-Drew

Update: (4-27-2005)

I recently upgraded my differential cover because the chrome one had pitted and began to rust. Here are some pictures:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am still trying to figure out the computer/speedo recalibration for my truck (I am not in a hurry, thats why it'll take so long). I have started the F-150 handles and it's going to be extremely difficult to fabricate the spacers for the handles to attatch well to the pillar. I will hope to have it completed by the summer.

Installation Write Up!
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133522

-Drew

WOWOW! will you marry me?

collkid said:
WOWOW! will you marry me?

To late - were already engaged :mattmoon: :eek: :D

holy hell those things are gi-frigging-nomous. look great though! i though boomins was gonna be bigger since he had like a 6" suspension and 3" body but yours looked bigger drew

The thing that kind of shocks me is the tires. His are 35s and mine are 33s....don't they look the same?

-Drew

ExplorerDMB said:
The thing that kind of shocks me is the tires. His are 35s and mine are 33s....don't they look the same?

-Drew
if you didnt point that out i really would have not noticed! now that i know, yours looks a little bit smaller but i could never tell before

Update (September 8, 2005)

Well, it's been awhile since I've updated this, so I wanted to type a little bit. I am currently going back to school to get my associates degree in Automotive Technology and getting my ASE certifications for Master Tech. Basically, what I'm saying is I haven't had time for anything. I did try and make a ASMI Air Intake work out for me, but it went a little sour when the filter got wet somehow when my truck was parked which allowed the engine to idle a little strange. I got rid of it. I am still working on my F-150 handles, but that's on total hold; so is my front driveshaft dilema. Hopefully I'll have time to finish it next semester. Here are a few links:

ASMI Intake

F-150 Handles

-Drew

When I put the billet grill on, it was the only one on ebay so I went ahead and bought it and didn't feel like forking out 150 for the bumper grill. Well, I finally looked it up the other week and well, found one for just the right price. I put that on and a 13" rubber Antenna. Looks good I think (I am now hating VA for making it so we have to have a front and rear license plate):

464729_146_full.jpg

464729_148_full.jpg

464729_147_full.jpg

-Drew

Did I read right that you put a trailmaster lift designed for a Ranger on the front? Could that be done on a '97?

Sure could, but I believe there is a slight modification to one of the brackets. Talk with Ray Labato He has a '97.

-Drew

very nice

Back