Explore's Truck | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explore's Truck

Well after WD40ing the hell out of my truck, I felt that it was time to post some pictures. Granted I made her feel rather embaressed with the 2x4 BUT thats what you get for costing me an entire can of liquid wrench and still not being able to get off my lower fog lights.............

Exhaust video |STOCK|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJYhjoawQXQ
*the high pitched w/e is not my truck my camera sucks sorry :(*​

Pics gogogogogo

LOL2x4.jpg

LECTRICITYSHIT.jpg

EXPLODERSIDE.jpg

EXPLODERFRONT.jpg

DIRTYWHOREENGINEISDIRTY.jpg

SPLODERSBUTT.jpg

YASEAFOAM.jpg

Now if only someone would tell me where to put the SeaFoam in my OHV then the show would be started......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fixed my hood
NewRise.jpg

and got some new pedals cause my gas pedal was making me wanna kill things
SMALLASSGASPEDALISGONE.jpg

Future plans:
Probably gonna herculiner everything that isn't already black
Synthetics on the next oil change
Lift
Mudders when the milestars die
Sound system (Hopefully this week if they are open tommorow)
New coat of paint You guys recommend any colors? I was thinking going red or just getting it done in black again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Id go for black....but thats just me...i tend to go crazy with the black. Lol

When I do the seafoam, I usually do it the day before I get an oil change...

But the first time I did seafoamed I did 1/3 of the can in the engine 3 different times over a week. It had 274k miles (or something around that number) and it had never been done.. it smoked up HUGE each time. Probably 10 minutes of idling/revving smoke each time. Now when I do it (about every 6 months) I barely get any.

As for the oil, like I said, I do mine right before an oil change as not to chance anything. I don't put any in the gas tank, for gas treatments I use Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner.

Glad to hear everything is up and running. I would say that unless you really deem it necessary, your paint in the pictures looks okay, i would invest it in the lift if you're planning to off road. i can speak from experience.... Your paint gets chewed off road either from rocks or from trees/shrubs on the side of trails. So if you plan on weekend trailing it, it would be a waste of money after a year or so.

Just food for thought.

Justin

I don't know I've been doing some serious thinking bout the paint and I saw that the cap near me has a nice big think of Herculiner. Would it be more worth it to buy that and just Liner the things most likely to get roughed up Offroad. For example everything thats gray in the pic

EXPLODERSIDE.jpg

It dries black right? If it dosen't I can always just go get some black from the auto place but It would probably be cheaper then a whole new paint job.

If this is plausible how would I goes about painting them? Is it a multiple coat ordeal? Am I going to have to take all the trim and boards off? Any guides to stripping that stuff off?

I figure if it is a good idea I would try and take it all off, wire brush the boards and bumper/fender and just go crazy with the liner.

Well you can look at my truck on the later pages, i painted both front and rear bumper in bed liner, and i will be painting my trim as well. I painted them with Rustoleum bed liner from Lowes for about 6 dollars a can and i needed 4 cans to do both front and rear bumpers for two coats.

That's always an option. and depending on what you do and what brand you get you will need to get UV protectant as otherwise it will turn gray again.

But to answer your question i think that would be a better option instead of Painting the whole truck as off roading is not paint friendly.

Justin

Back