• Register Today It's free!

Extended Radius arms

Foggman

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 2dr Sport
Well I finally picked up my super lift extended radius arms this weekend and i'm real excited to put them on because they will be the final addition to my X for a while and it will be exactly how I want it. Does anyone have any tips, tricks or traps to watch out for while installing them?

Thanks
Lance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you will have fun with the bottom bolt that hold the RA to the axle housing. Might want to hit them with some PB Blaster for a day. If you haven't got one get a long breaker bar. I would let you use mine but I left it at you wrench it a while back :fire: You will need a grinder or bolt cutter for an air chissel. to nock out the rivets holding the brackets on. I have a the chissel if you need it. I have a grinder to, just need some wheels.

I have an air hammer at work if you want to borrow it.

BTW on board air is fully operational with a 5 gal tank and an air chuck

My Aussie locker will be here tomorrow. That will be fun.

Josh said:
I think you will have fun with the bottom bolt that hold the RA to the axle housing. Might want to hit them with some PB Blaster for a day. If you haven't got one get a long breaker bar.

The trick with that bolt is to use a torch to heat it up to almost cherry red to break the factory Loctite. It will come out very easy that way.

Yea I didnt have a torch when I removed that bolt, so the only thing that got hot was me. Will a propane torch work or do you need Oxy-Acetylene?

Thanks for all the tips fellas, I have a grinder, an air hammer, and a looooooooong breaker bar...and a longer cheater bar. Hopefully I will be able to put them on this week, after this week I leave for 5 weeks so I may have to put it off.....

Hey Foggman how much lift are you planning to run with those arms?

Pulled my RA's today... without heat. The bottom bolts took probably 30 minutes total with a 2' breaker bar. Wore me out. The top studs took about 10 min a piece. Couldn't get my deep socket on the stud so I had to double wrench them. Not exactly something I want to do again.

Back