Exterior Modifications

LSalvide

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Sugar Land, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
Just thought I’d share and post what I’ve been working on lately. I have a black 2018 Explorer Sport. Before getting the Sport I had the 2017 Base model and added the Ford Raptor grille on there. So I thought initially once I got the 2018 Sport that it would go right on no issue. Turns out that the front bumper on the 2018 Sport is shaped differently to where it’s a more linear shape on where the bottom curves on the Raptor grille should fit into. I’m pretty persistent when it comes to car projects like this so I went ahead and bought a non-painted front bumper that’s made for the 2017 Base model. Had no idea whether or not it would be able to mount onto the Sport and was just going off of a hope and a prayer. So I went ahead and removed OEM front bumper and grille on Sport to test fit the 2017 front bumper and it was a solid match. Took the front bumper and Raptor grille to a we-do-it-all sort of stereo store here in Houston to have the parts painted along with some other electrical wiring/exterior work I also needed done. Oh and they were able to use an old aluminum mesh grille I had laying around from CarID, paint it black, and install it on the bottom portion of the front bumper right below the Raptor grille. I’m not completely done with all I want done but I definitely like how it’s coming out so far.

These photos were taken last week and I’ve already done some more exterior work on the car. Tinted the headlights, taillights, and LED light bars to give it that more black on black look. The lights on the side of the fog lights compensate very nicely for the tinted light while driving at night. I’ve had no issues so far with it.

*Remaining items to be done*

-Aftermarket wheels, adjustable camber bolts, and wheel alignment (will be done today)

-Electrical wiring for the LED light bars and Raptor Grille amber lights. (Probably just going to switch out the amber lights for smoked white light ones.

-Electrical wiring for a radar detector that’s mounted onto my mirror.

-I’m still on the fence on how far I want to go with performance mods. I don’t want to go too crazy because this car is my A to B commuter. If anything I’m just for now focusing on what can I do to improve the health and longevity of the vehicle/engine.

-I’ll post more photos when everything gets around to being done.

IMG_3008.jpeg

IMG_3010.jpeg

IMG_3011.jpeg

IMG_3009.jpeg

IMG_3012.jpeg

IMG_3013.jpeg

IMG_3014.jpeg

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Thanks for sharing.

Peter

Back