• Register Today It's free!

extras for a body lift

ExplorerJimbo

Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Explorer XLT
i want to get a 3 - 4 inch body lift for my 01 explorer xlt, where can i find a pretty good one, and what extras / modifications would i have to make?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The largest body lift made is a 3". A good one to get is a Performance Accessories and they don't make them for yours. You can use the body lift for a ranger(not sure of year, do a search) and everything will work except bumper brackets. I have heard that some bumper brackets just require drilling new holes, while others have said you have to make new ones.

You'll need the PA-883 and it fits perfectly.. the bumper brackets & steering extensions fit.

will i have to extend anything else other than the bumper brackets and steering?

Nope thats it, you may need a shifter extension, mine didn't, but thats the only other thing besides radiator brackets but those come with the kit ;)

do you have any pictures of your explorer on here?

Nah, not yet, I can try and get some up for you in a few days though ;)

cool man. well im gonna stick with the pa-883... thanks for the help guys! i need it to go from 31 10.50's to 35 11.50's hopefully with a little trimming

Ummm....you will never fit a 35 on a 3" body lift. Unless of course you meant a 32x11.5, which is entirely possible. Besides, I don't even think they make a 35x11.5.

What tires are you looking at that are 35x11.5? And I hope you are looking at more total lift that just a 3" body lift to get you there.

im not looking at any specific tires i was just hopeing to get bigger and wider tires on my truck. right now i have a 2"tt and warrior shackles with 31-10.50's... and i was hoping to get 35's on there...

Whoa...freaky Robb.

Nope...you won't fit 35's w/ just 5" of lift. You will have to hack major sheetmetal to fit them without rubbing. Go with 33's, they'll look good and fit fine.

ExplorerJimbo said:
im not looking at any specific tires i was just hopeing to get bigger and wider tires on my truck. right now i have a 2"tt and warrior shackles with 31-10.50's... and i was hoping to get 35's on there...

Yeah your gonna be hard pressed, I have the 2"tt, 4dr leafs/shackles and a 3" bl and I still have my 33's rubbing on the frame rail's, I'm already looking for a 4" suspension lift to fit some 35's ;)

yeah, i guess ill just go with 33's... will 33-12.50's be to wide?

I think it depends on what you get outta your tt, the width on my tires is 12.00 inches and I rub like I said on the frame rails at full lock about 1/2" up, the ones your looking at I'm assuming a 15" rim, if this is the case your width will be about 12.51, so it shouldn't be a problem at all, mabey minor rubbing, but this all dependent on your tt and what you got out of it ;)

just one more quick question...sorry! what about those 4 door leafs you have... what exactly are those, how much, where do you get em. hard to install?

4 door leaf packs are an upgrade for 2nd Generation Sports (2 door). The Sports came with monoleafs in the back, and 4-door packs give them more support, and a little lift.

33x12.5s are a great choice for your application. Whether or not they will rub a little varies from vehicle to vehicle. But, if you are putting a 3" body lift on top of your TT/Shackle lift, I would aim for those tires, they look great and give a little more traction on the ground than a 10.5. You may have to trim a little bit of plastic, and you may have to add a "add a leaf" to the rear, but those will be small things to worry about IF you need them.

ExplorerJimbo said:
just one more quick question...sorry! what about those 4 door leafs you have... what exactly are those, how much, where do you get em. hard to install?

Sports have a mono - single leaf set up in the back, thats why most of them have ass-sag, I just took the leafs off of a 4 door explorer, they are 4 leafs instead of the single leaf on the sports, since you have and xlt 4dr you already have these leaf springs, you could either get an add a leaf which adds more leafs to your current setup or get ford f150 leaf springs. No problem ask away thats what were here for ;)

Robb's WPM must be higher than mine :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WOW! Twice in one thread that I was replying at the same time as someone else! Weird! :D

Back