• Register Today It's free!

Factory amp issues

93liftedXLT

Reaction score
City, State
left coast
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
92 explorer xlt, i have a factory amp, i have a aftermarket cd player, that was wired into the harness for my factory amp for the front and rear speakers,

I also have a amp wired to my deck, and battery with a ground,

i am having probloms with sound, my cd players turns on fine, and has power but no sound... i checked the rear factory amp, and didnt see any fuses, and checked under the hood, those are fine also, checked under my dash, those are fine also.

what else would cause this? my amp has power, but no sound , CONFUSED :confused:

anyone

I think you have to bypass the amp

IIRC, the Ford factory amp is expecting a pre-amp type signal from the stock radio. An aftermarket radio like a Pioneer CD player has it's own internal amplifier and it can send the wrong signals to the factory amp. Some of that depends on how the new radio's wired into the harness. I'm no expert on the subject, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Some places sell the factory amp bypass wiring as a harness you can just hook up. I seem to recall seeing some threads on here before talking about a "no sound" issue with aftermarket radios.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner...didn't see the thread. :)

Back