• Register Today It's free!

Factory sub enclosure

jdhamhock

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLS
Hey guys, looking to get a factory sub enclosure for my 02 xls, I know i need the enclosure and the body panel. Any idea on year ranges that will work? Does anyone have one to sell? Looking for the 8" enclosure. Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

from the looks of it any '03-10 should work. You can keep your panel if you want. I went factory OEM panel but added a 10" sub. Grill opening was only 6", wound up cutting it out. I had a post 'upgrading an audiophile sub' one of the last pic is of a stock grill replaced with speaker cloth.

thx for the response on the sub enclosure, my xls does not have one at all wont my stock panel not be deep enough? Would it go passenger side or driver side?

thx for the response on the sub enclosure, my xls does not have one at all wont my stock panel not be deep enough? Would it go passenger side or driver side?

They go on the passenger side where that pocket is. You take that out and and the sub goes in. You can see a pic of one installed (not mine). Also on the drivers side you have filler pipe and jack mount that would be in the way. I've seen subs mounted on both sides but they've been pushed out with custom fiberglass enclosures

nwOvLdN.jpg

3rd gens are different from 1st and 2nd gens. The oem sub would be mounted above the right/rear wheel. you would have to get the enclosure and panel from a junkyard/craigslist/ebay. At the same time, you can upgrade the oem sub & amp to aftermarket...refer to link for oem sub replacement

but if you cant find one, u can get a jbl stealthbox that mounts on top of the left side compartment... > $250

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368436

or for 10" sub
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246610

sub_zps513fc263.jpg

sub box???

i have one for sale... its in my 2004 that im taking it out and going to a fiberglass setup and 2 12" subs... PM me if you're interested in the sub and amp...

i have one for sale... its in my 2004 that im taking it out and going to a fiberglass setup and 2 12" subs... PM me if you're interested in the sub and amp...

Is this the Enclosure, Sub, & Amp?

Back