Fake beadlocks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fake beadlocks

Hey guys Im not sure if yall have talked about this before but im up here visiting some family in michigan and my uncle showed me a way to make cheap bead locks. He said on there drag cars they use this method to keep the tires from spinning around the rims. What they do is you go to an race shop and ask for wheel screws. You than dril holes same space around all the way around your wheel but make sure not to puncture your tire. You than drive some lock tight in every hole and u put the the screws in and you go bead locks.Well was just letting you guys know. Im not sure if yall know about this or not but i was just trying to let you guys know.

That is along the smae lines as a "Lincoln Locker"-A cheap way to do it, but has some inherent problems.

It works and it works well. Ill be running rim screws on the backside and Rockstompers on the outside here soon as a "cheap bastid double-beadlock".

lol sounds good i dont know if im up to try it sounds like a lot of drilling and im lazy lol i hated driving the 6 holes for my 5.5 lift haha

Back