Fall Wheeling. . .? ? ? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fall Wheeling. . .? ? ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea i realized that after i posted... It kinda sucks i think im the only one in this area... Wish there was a good middle spot people liked going to

Joe - You bet, but only if Kevin's coming ! ! !

Paul
'91 Sport

Unfortunately Paul, I had to make choice between Moab and a family vacation to Disney World Florida. Between my mom, wife, and kids I had to choose them over an individual (me) vacation. Sorry.

Unfortunately Paul, I had to make choice between Moab and a family vacation to Disney World Florida. Between my mom, wife, and kids I had to choose them over an individual (me) vacation. Sorry.

No worries Kev, family first. . . But you'd probably agree that Moab is a lot like Disney World for most of us. . .

If nothing else, it should free you up for a few winter runs here locally. . .

Just sayin' . . .

Paul
'91 Sport

No worries Kev, family first. . . But you'd probably agree that Moab is a lot like Disney World for most of us. . .

Just sayin' . . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Ah, but the wait times are a LOT shorter in Moab!!!!

Well, the middle of the week has past. :) Hope I can stay awake for the next 18hours :rolleyes:

See you guys Saturday morning and at the roaring campfire Saturday evening. I sleeping at haome Saturday night though!!;)

Cool - - see you then. . . Grilling?

Paul
'91 Sport

Sure, on your grill. :D

Want me to make an extra Mountain burger for ya?

Sure, on your grill. :D

Want me to make an extra Mountain burger for ya?

Got plenty of room for a mountain burger or two on the grill - - was planning on bringing a steak, might as well eat well on the trail. . .

Hmmm' I was thinkin' of bringing brats n beans. Anything hot would be good!

Return from Evans ORV. . . .

Thanks for a fun ay out at Evans ORV Park - - thought at first it was going to be a simple "trail ride", but trail 520 had plenty of "pucker", at least for me. . . Even had to sacrifice a bit of plastic to the 4x4 gods. . .

Thanks, Dwight for leading - - great day weather-wise, not too many late October weekend days here as nice as yesterday, but the rain from earlier in the week kept the trail nice and greasy. Grilling lunch was also a highlight.

Here's a few photos:

Aaron's Jeep following John's Montero. . .
AaronSM.JPG

Jim's Navajo. . .
Jim TrailSM.JPG

Rick turning in for a steep, muddy ascent. . .
Rick TurnSM.JPG

Phil tight against the stump (close, but no contact). . .
Phil TightSM.JPG

Paul
'91 Sport

More Evans ORV. . .

A few more. . .

Phil with a bit more room. . .
PhilSM.JPG

Rick betwen the trees. . .
Rick TreesSM.JPG

Rainier on the way back to the trailhead. . .
RainierSM.JPG

Paul
'91 Sport

So you ready to run it on 3 feet of snow?

Looks like everyone had a good time!

3' of snow would be fun but those days are over. I wish they would give up on the winter shutdown BS and let us wheel... stupid bird or whatever they used as an excuse to close it down...

So you ready to run it on 3 feet of snow?

Not sure who this is directed to, but haven't seen you too often on last year's snow trips. . . .

Not sure who this is directed to, but haven't seen you too often on last year's snow trips. . . .

The last time I was at Evans was on 3 feet of snow 2 years ago, having a rig that is not street legal limits where I go play, having realized this is why I am in the process of building my 92 explorer to be street legal and trail ready.

Back