GWNF Fall Wheeling Trip | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GWNF Fall Wheeling Trip

Originally posted by Isles4evr
Who all is leaving out of the richmond area and wants to meet?
Chris
Chris,
It's 90% sure that I'll be going. If meeting time remains at 9:00 (I would have - caugh caugh - preferred more like 10:00) I'll be leaving at 6:45, which leaves time to take a leak and gas up in Harrisonburg. If you want we can meet at the west end Circuit City parking lot at 6:40. Let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep that sounds good to me. I'll be there at 6:40. If anyone else wants to meet I guess that is the time and place.

Chris

Originally posted by Isles4evr
Who all is bringing a camera? I don't have a digital, but will probably borrow my friends dig. or just take my reg cannon with a roll or 2 of film and get them developed onto a CD.
I'll have my digital camera as well.

Donkey Boy, if 9 is too early for ya we can move it back an hour or so. I don't really care either way, its a 20 minute hop for my anyways. Just put it up to the group...

I only threw 9 out there cause there is always going to be someone or more then one person late. Everyone wants to get to know everyone a little bit and look at each others trucks and talk for a while, and by the time we actually get started it seems like it is already 10, so i just did that so we could get some good time on the trails, it really doesn't matter to me either!

Is anyone planning on hitting the trails on sunday? If my wife doesn't come then i'll probably the trails.

Happy trails!!

I believe I am going to come back home after sat. because my parent are going out of town and leavingn my 15 year old sis behind so i don;t want her to stay home alone.

Chris

You are right Josh. The initial meet 'n great always takes a while. I will be shooting for being at McDormans at 9:30 (who wants to look at a Jeep anyways :p ) so we are ready to hit the trails at 10:00.

This means: Richmonders: Meeting a little after 7 at the west end Circuit City and being rolling by 7:15.

I would say we go for CB channel 4 (how creative :rolleyes: ); if there is too much traffic on 4, we can assign a new channel at McDormans.

Yippe :bounce:

Originally posted by JoshC
Is anyone planning on hitting the trails on sunday? If my wife doesn't come then i'll probably the trails.
I'll be parting hard here at JMU on Saturday night, but if people want to hit more trails on Sunday, I would make it!

Everything sounds good then. My wife has a soccer game on sunday and if she comes the i can't stay for sunday but if she stays then i might be able to but i'm suppose to have a dinner with some of the in-laws, so i might have so skip out on sunday too.

Micheal, you're right, seen one jeep and you've seen them all!:p I'm just kidding!!!!

How come there are only like 4 of us talking here? What happened to other 15 or 20 of us that said they were going? Anyone else want to speak up and say that they are still going?

Happy trails!!

Originally posted by JoshC
Micheal, you're right, seen one jeep and you've seen them all!:p I'm just kidding!!!!

But, have you ever seen a Grand Cherokee with a double bed
brows.gif

How come there are only like 4 of us talking here? What happened to other 15 or 20 of us that said they were going? Anyone else want to speak up and say that they are still going?

Happy trails!!

It's normal that 50% or more chicken out shortly before a run with more or less fishy excuses (but it's the first time somebody decided to use his rig for deer hunting for not having to show up :D ) I think just once, on a Jeep run, 12 signed up, 3 canceled and :eek: 17 rigs :cool: showed up. From the wheeling point of view, 4 to 6 vehicles is ideal. From the social point of view, obviously the bigger the better.

I don't know about most of the others, but I defitely can't make it. Between blowing the tranny, wheel bearings, and the hubs, I can't afford for anything else to break right now. I will absolutly be at the next outing.

At least you told us dgibson. There were about 4 others who had committed but havne't been active on the board in a few weeks. And donkeyboy is right, no more than 6 rigs is ideal. It took my buddy and I in a YJ more than two hours to run Kephart, so much more than 4-6 rigs would be disasterous on time.

Can't wait to see y'all! And yob_yeknom...if you read this, tell me what dorm your brother is in so we can work out a meeting place and time on campus.

Originally posted by donkey boy
(but it's the first time somebody decided to use his rig for deer hunting for not having to show up :D )
I will be there, withmy Explorer.

It will not be fixed in time, so I did a little fixing myself. Adjusted the alignment myself to make it good enough to drive. Pullled the fender out by hand so the tire isn't rubbing. Took off the bug deflector. Pulled the bumper out some with a chain and my dad's truck and straightened it up some with a floor jack. The headlight is still broken, but it's busted from the back side so it looks normal, just no light.

It's ghetto-rigged, but looks really good for what little effort I had to put into it. Exhaust still leaks though, but oh well.

I'm also bringing my friend that was with me at Paragon and his girlfriend and hopefully my girlfriend if she can get off of work.

Between 9 and 10 is good. Let's leave it there. You take 33W from Harrisonburg to get to McDorman's right?

I'll be getting up there around 9 Friday night. Getting off work at 6, getting all my stuff together, and then heading that way. I'll be staying at JMU with my brother I think. My friend will be meeting me there Saturday morning.

My cell number is (540) 814-2100 in case anyone needs it Saturday morning.

Is there gonna be a run Sunday?

Glad to hear you are able to make is John, if people don't start speaking up then there might just be a few of us, which is fine. It doesn't look good for sunday. My wife is coming now and she has a game at 3 and we will have a 4 hour drive home, so maybe next time. But i'm pumped for saturday. Looks like we are going to have some awesome weather and some good and wet mud holes!!

I'm not 100% on how to get to mcdormans, but that does sound right now that i think about it.

Happy trails!!

Donkey, are you 100% sure that you are going to go now? I think there is only 4 or 5 of us activily talking here so I guess that is a good size group. Did the last of the shopping I needed to do inorder to have everything for the trials (I hope). What type of stuff are yall bringing?

Chris

I carry a good bunch of gear.

I keep a rubbermaid container that i have my straps and my chains and a come-a-long with gloves. I now have on board air, so that's an added plus. Of course i'll have lunch and trash bad. I'll bring something to lay on the ground if i have to work on something. I carry a good size tool box with me. My high lift jack too. That's about it off the top of my head. Oh, i have my GPS mounted too, i almost forgot.

I don't care how many there are. Just as long as i have to use 4wd!! haha

Happy trails!!

John, glad to hear that you can make it! If you wanna meet up at all and follow me out there, you are welcome to do so. I might be running on Sunday too, depending on how much partying I do Saturday night.

Josh - McDorman's is straight out Rt. 33 from Harrisonburg. It is the only gas station out there. If you are heading west it comes up on your quick on the left. It has 2 pumps. Like I said earlier, if you get to Rawley Springs Mennonite Church (on the right), you have gone too far.

See y'all around 9:30!

Good deal. I knew what the gas station looked like but i couldn't remember how to get there:confused:

My brother is still following me down in his 92 sport with 33's. I'm really really hoping that a job that is pending through work is held off until i get back, if not i may not beable to come. But i will try and find something out today.

Happy trails!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Chris:

Nothing is 100% sure in life, so make it a 99% sure that I'll be there.

John:
:p Happy you can make it! :D

JoshC:
Wow! On board air. Something that's still on my list. I guess you will be everybody's favorite person after the trail run :p

Note to everybody:
If I'm not misstaken does McDormans still not take any credit cards. If you need gas, either bring cash or fill up in Hburg.

Back