Fan busted.. any suggestion? (maybe electric?) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fan busted.. any suggestion? (maybe electric?)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ideally, you get a 1/8 npt fitting brazed onto the pan. If you can do that you use something like this. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BMM-80250 Basically you replace the 1/8 npt drain plug with a 1/8 npt sending unit..

Brazing it onto the pan will be better since the sending unit will fit into the fluid better that way. When we installed the kit type thing on the pan on the X I ground down the nut on the side of the pan some (made it thinner) so the tip of the sending unit would stick out past the end of the kit. Before I did that the temp read a little high and moved slower but not enough to really worry about BUT, the kit does seep a little but once brazed, it did not.

~Mark

is there a "how to" or any one have post doing this, such as your self manik?

in the long run it look cheaper also to do pan temp and standard filter kit for the tranny, because the tranny filter kit that came with sender unit is about 25 more then the other two combined, yeah its a little more work but it saves money in the long run

just install this into the pan?

gonna butt in here again.'

dont really want to buy new coolers.... so... what vehicles have coolers with fans on them? (pre 2000 as thats about the newest i see at the junkyard)
of course a good fan thats simple to wire back up

Back