• Register Today It's free!

Farewell

phareous

Reaction score
City, State
USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
We are trading our Explorer in because we cannot afford the payments anymore. I've really enjoyed being a part of this forum and I'll be lurking sometimes to see what I've missed :)

We had a lot of issues with our explorer but they were all straightened out during warranty work except for a whistling sound while driving and some minor sync issues (the driver phone screen is hardly ever in sync with the mytouch display). Otherwise it has been a pretty good car.

Best wishes to all of you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We are trading our Explorer in because we cannot afford the payments anymore (close to $700 for another 4 years). I've really enjoyed being a part of this forum and I'll be lurking sometimes to see what I've missed :)

We had a lot of issues with our explorer but they were all straightened out during warranty work except for a whistling sound while driving and some minor sync issues (the driver phone screen is hardly ever in sync with the mytouch display). Otherwise it has been a pretty good car.

Thanks for being a member and contributing to the Forum phareous. Too bad you have to trade in your Explorer. I hope that your next vehicle will serve you well.
All the best.

Peter

We are trading our Explorer in because we cannot afford the payments anymore (close to $700 for another 4 years). I've really enjoyed being a part of this forum and I'll be lurking sometimes to see what I've missed :)

Wow that's a rough payment, did you roll in negative equity or something?

Good luck w/ your future vehicle adventures!

No negative equity... Got a Limited w/ sunroof, premium wheels, 301A package, bucket seats, console, and ruby red paint. I just couldn't see paying that for another 4 years, even though I love our Explorer. When we got the car we weren't in debt...now we're in tons of it (due to having children, etc.)

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Sorry you had to give up a car you love.

Hopefully the future will be better. Good luck.

No negative equity... Got a Limited w/ sunroof, premium wheels, 301A package, bucket seats, console, and ruby red paint. MSRP 47,715. After x-plan and trade we financed $39,128 with a $678 payment over 5 years. And after a year we still owe $30,932. We're in a lot of debt and I just couldn't see paying that for another 4 years, even though I love our Explorer. When we got the car we weren't in debt...now we're in tons of it (due to having children, etc.)

Phareous,

Sorry to see you go, good luck taking care of things. I can understand where you are - been there myself. If there is anything I can do, please PM me. My company has a huge presence at RTP (in Raleigh) IT and Finance divisions. If you'd like me to reach out to folks there concerning openings or so lemme know.

Rod

Thanks for your participation in our forums.

Best of luck going forward:chug:

sad to hear that news

No chance you can refinance and get a lower payment?

No I already have lowest rate available and my goal was to cut the payments in half. We picked out a fully loaded Kia Sorento 2011

No negative equity... Got a Limited w/ sunroof, premium wheels, 301A package, bucket seats, console, and ruby red paint. MSRP 47,715. After x-plan and trade we financed $39,128 with a $678 payment over 5 years. And after a year we still owe $30,932. We're in a lot of debt and I just couldn't see paying that for another 4 years, even though I love our Explorer. When we got the car we weren't in debt...now we're in tons of it (due to having children, etc.)

Not an easy decision, but a smart one. Good luck. Best to be debt free, and then start buying toys again. Good job.

Just wait till the kids start travel soccer, travel basketball, and dance lessons!:)

It would actually be cheaper and more cost effective to get rid of the children and keep the explorer. :eek:

How many kids did you just have sextuplets ???? You must have had the kids prior to 13 explorer ?

Yes we had one child before the explorer (he is 2 now), and another child right after. Now we're paying for preschool, etc.

Back