Feeler thread for Lightbars that mount to stock roof rack. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Feeler thread for Lightbars that mount to stock roof rack.

Sorry guys. My home computers took a crap... magically. Both of them went out on the same day.

Im gunna make up the second one tomorrow and go from there.

Anyone want the first one? Ill let it go pretty cheap...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what if you pulley off the front covers for the roof rack and right there are your 2 mounting point so the light bar plus you can moun the light bar just above the roof. i made mine so it flips down so its legal. check it out.

my buddy made one useing eachend of the crossrail so it would mount the same as the crossrail very easily with no damage to anything

what if you pulley off the front covers for the roof rack and right there are your 2 mounting point so the light bar plus you can moun the light bar just above the roof. i made mine so it flips down so its legal. check it out.

Never had those covers off before, ill take a look man. Thanks

Soo, im changing my design to mount to where the Roof bars mount. thanks for the idea macknos.

My first bar will hold five lights. It sits nice and low and sleek. Very clean looking.

Me in action on prototype 2.

03300918480008.jpg

l_c8976e1035314e6fa75ffcbf434984ff.jpg

welcome. haha i get a discount now right. anyways i wanna see your setup because mine if made out of electrical metal tubeing. id prolly pick up yours if its stronger then mine. when i go off roading ican see mine bouncing on that weak pipe.

welcome. haha i get a discount now right. anyways i wanna see your setup because mine if made out of electrical metal tubeing. id prolly pick up yours if its stronger then mine. when i go off roading ican see mine bouncing on that weak pipe.

haha, quite possibly.

.095 wall chromoly.
its ALOT stronger to say the least. haha we use this for rollcages in race trucks...

I ran this piece over with our 3500 pound forklift and its still round....

if you can figure out a way to make it flip down for a few extra bucks that would be cool too. some states it illegal to have that many exposed light. but if it flips down then its good too go. i will actually send you my design i have if your interested. i was planning on buying a welder andmaking my own but hell if you wanna do the work ill let you make money off my idea haha

if you can figure out a way to make it flip down for a few extra bucks that would be cool too. some states it illegal to have that many exposed light. but if it flips down then its good too go. i will actually send you my design i have if your interested. i was planning on buying a welder andmaking my own but hell if you wanna do the work ill let you make money off my idea haha
Flip forwards or backwards? this one will flip forwards and lay flat on the roof if you want. just a simple loosening of a nut and you can adjust the angles of the lights, or lay it flat...

i would have it so it flips forward. then i have 4 little bumper nipples on my roof

any update on the light bar im thinkin i want one. my brother took my truck through a parking garage and bend the hell outts my bar but he said there isnt any damage to my KC lights

Sorry man

Ive been swamped with school and work

im working on buying the sellers account on here, then they will be for sale.!

Pictrure of my ex with the final prototype.

l_140486398ee24dc4829d5262fc15b1e9.png

Whoops, thats with 33x12.5's

Wrong picture

here

l_c1cf7f5ab6ea4dc095e7011b699eda34.png

l_b7ee25a02f374bde86ab65e2f1e635b1.png

l_2620b85929b149a493d9be4e5a549cf0.png

I made the bumper on the f-350 too. :eek:

Alright, im holding off on these.

i still wanna see some close up pics of this. it looks sick and exactly what i had planned to make. take some pics of how you mounted it and everything

well i asked my brother how bad he beat up my light bar and KCs. 4 cracked lenses and i guess they are dented up pretty good so it looks like its time for new lights too

Back