• Register Today It's free!

Few electrical problems, help

energie

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, AB, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
So I noticed today that my rear wiper doesnt work. I dont know where to begin so have any of you had this problem? also i have the door ajar problem and I THINK that my explorer has been honking twice now ever since that light came on when i lock the doors with the keyless. anyone know if this is caused by the door ajar?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a metal stud in the door jam that the latch grabbs on to when shut. On that stud there should be a plastic sleeve. If that is gone you can buy Just the sleeve at a dicount parts store for less than $2.

There is a (button) electric switch in the door jam. Is it functioning properly? Try some penitrating spray on it and work the switch manually and see what happens.

Id assume the button in the door jam is working because then my interior light would stay on all the time, wouldn't it? I'll check for that plastic switch today, thanks

I have had the rear wiper problem. Took it out and disassembled it. Cleaned the contacts and put it back in. Also, before removing check to see if you have voltage at the connector on the wiper assembly. If you do, remove and clean. If not, check the fuses and electrical before the assembly. Hope this helps.

i checked the relay. im pretty sure its gone, it didnt click or anything when i turned the wipers on and put it back in. so ill have to switch that out. but that plastic thing was on the door latch, so is this not the problem? or does that plastic piece get indented and not notice it?

That plastic was worn on my hatch and my alarm was giving me the double chirp. I replaced it and that solved the problem. I just thought that might be the problem on yours. Did you check all the doors?

i checked all of them. the plastic is a little worn but they arent broken or anything. i dont know if thats the problem or not.

It's a long shot but there is a switch under the hood too.

a switch under the hood? where? the hood counts as door ajar? lol

I locked my doors and opened the hood one and that set off the alarm. it scared the s--- out of me. Its the one that shuts the hood light off under the hood. I never drive with the hood up so I'm not sure if it makes the door ajar. Like isaid It's a long shot.

My rear wiper only works when my front wipers are wiping the windshield...just a thought in case you were trying it solo

Back