fiberglass fenders | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fiberglass fenders

I want to do what rick did turn the 1st gen into a 2nd gen. I know perry's is probably the best way to go but are there any other places to buy em?? Also i cannot find the price for the whole setup, front panels, grill,hood, and the back panels. If any of you have done it i would love to hear about it. Also a good estimate would be nice too.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The owner of Baja Concepts told me he was the first to build rear fenders for the Explorer but they go so busy that they ended up contracting them out to Perry's. So I ended up with Perry's rear fenders anyway.

Derrick C. has glassworks front fenders (old style). There aren't as flared as mine and aren't cut back as far for more tire room next to the door. He had to cut his quite a bit back. They are now chipping on the edges down to the cords.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GIJOE said:
I just looked at Glassworks site and they are the ones who make that glass.
here is their website http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/
That picture is on their site.
They make some really nice glass.

Damn, they are the same! I think Baja Concepts is so busy with suspension now they don't have time for fiberglass.

** i just realized something about the prices.. Hannamenn makes a 3" flare for the 2nd gen, that was a lot more expensive than the 5" flare that perry's makes.

I went with perry's and think they're a great product. As for the customer service.. i think its the best service ive dealt with for any company out there IMO... I was always either talking to Perry JR or SR and they're very straightforward and work with you on what you want.

minor example: i asked for black gel coat- they recommened white because it resists scratches and stuff better. Told them the "shceme" of my truck and that they'd be painted to match eventually... then black gel coat it was.

That's cool. I'm glad it worked out for you. All my dealings have been with 1st Gen stuff. I talked to Perry Jr several times. No need to go into the conversations as it doesn't matter.

When did Hannemann start making glass for the 2nd gens. explorers?
I talk to them around December-January and they told me that they only make glass for the 1st gen explorers and the new sport body style.

Back