Filtered breather plugs!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Filtered breather plugs!!

raven2

Reaction score
Since I am in the coal mine country, the area I go off-roading has a very fine black coal dirt powder, which blows like a sandstorm on calm day with just one truck on the road. So I was a little concerned about drilling the airbox. But I found these cool 1" filtered plugs just for airboxes. Just drill a 1" hole, oil the little piece of foam, and pop it in. They are made by uni-filter and go about $7 for a pack of six.

------------------

91 Sport
"Drive it like ya stold it"

Hey raven2,
When you finish modifying your air box, please take a picture of it and post it. I would really like to see how it comes out. In fact I would like to see a picture of other ways that people have modified their air boxes. I'm sure there are lots of different way you guys have done this.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

Will do Ray. I think these plugs are realy cool item because you dont have to have a wide open box, these things will keep all the big stuff from accumilating in the box and cut dust back rather than just an open hole. I stuck one up to my mouth and there is no resistance, so I will achieve the same benefits.

------------------

91 Sport
"Drive it like ya stold it"

Back