Finall got Ford to replace my door panel and blinker stalk replaced! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finall got Ford to replace my door panel and blinker stalk replaced!

Dr Plastic

Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'15 Limited FWD
Well after much wrangling I finally got Ford to replace my front deformed passenger inside door panel and that hard as hell directional stalk.

IMG_20121021_192211_581-vi.jpg

IMG_20121021_192229_785-vi.jpg

The door panel was misaligned by over 1/2" and starting to get a buckle or fold in the skin...the dealer was hemming and hawing about replacing it saying that this is normal (!) but finaly got the OK from Farther Ford to replace it! They are also replacing that stiff as hell directional stalk that sometimes would not go to the second detent unless you actually gripped it in your fist and forced it!

Well after much wrangling I finally got Ford to replace my front deformed passenger inside door panel and that hard as hell directional stalk.

The door panel was misaligned by over 1/2" and starting to get a buckle or fold in the skin...the dealer was hemming and hawing about replacing it saying that this is normal (!) but finaly got the OK from Farther Ford to replace it! They are also replacing that stiff as hell directional stalk that sometimes would not go to the second detent unless you actually gripped it in your fist and forced it!
You realize that members are going to ask you for the 'After' pictures don't you? Were they able to get a better alignment in the process?

Peter

I will post pics after I get it back from the shop!

Back