• Register Today It's free!

Finally decided to register

Resartus

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer limited
I've been lurking on this forum for the last 3 weeks, looking for help on my "new" ride, and have finally decided to register
Here's my 2 explorers I own:
The "old" one is a blue 07 sport-trac xlt with a 4.0l engine. It was the first brand new truck I ever bought, and I love it
The "new" one is a winter green 95 Explorer limited with a 4.0l as well. I bought it off craigslist for $660 and have already put about as much into it. I want to love it, but its being a PITA at the moment. So far, I've changed the sludge (went with a cheap oil change to break out the leftovers and have the engine flushed after a few hundred miles); replaced the center console, replaced like a thousand interior bulbs; resoldered the lom module; replaced plugs and wires; fuel filter; unstuck 2 power windows and lubed the other 2; disassembled the driver window control and cleaned it out (window lock was staying on, turned out there was gunk under the contacts); repaired the driver seat control trim; replaced multiple sensors; replaced the driver seat belt; replaced all door and ignition locks; replaced 2 exterior and 1 interior door handle; unstuck the CD changer cassette; and the gear shift lever (o/d button was sticky.
Existing to do list is as follows which I'll ask about in the appropriate forums for the stuff I need help with:
Pass emissions!
Troubleshoot multiple sensor problems (think I know what this really is -wiring harness)
Change out the transmission -got one from a junk yard with a 1 year warranty
Why is the temp gauge reading below C? Why? (I did replace the gauge)
Replace the power button on the radio
Troubleshoot the subwoofer system (the whole audio system sounds crappy)
Replace 1 fog light
Ticking lifter/rocker. That sounds like trouble...
And anything else that comes along

Welcome to the forum! For the lifter, you could try a bottle of Lucas oil treatment. I've had good luck with it in the past. For the audio system, I'd start with checking to see if the speakers are just shot. You could buy just 2 to start with, and if those 2 sound good when you put them in, then you'll know for sure. The rest I'm sure you will find help with as you go here!

Welcome.

Welcome from Costa Mesa California! :thumbsup:

Back