Finally got my tranny fixed, back in action | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally got my tranny fixed, back in action

Masterd

Reaction score
City, State
Upland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport
Finally got my tranny fixed and the Exploder is back on the road. Got it done for 1300 which included a soft parts rebuild and hard parts as needed which i believe they told me were 2 planetaries and it also included a new bigger tranny cooler, and I think they also bypassed the rad cooler, but not 100% sure on that but it seems like a good idea to me if they did.

The only problem I find is that I tend to drive it like its still broken..... :rolleyes:

Might I add with the rebuilt tranny that I just rolled over 294,200 miles. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow ! quite a few miles on the truck. That's great ! How long did your original transmission last ? Couldn't be over 290K or could it ?

Original tranny went 293k before it blew up.

All I can say is wow !

Congrats! We need to come up with an EF "300K mile" club sticker! I just dropped mine off this morning to get it's tranny taken care of - i'll be posting something like this in a couple weeks too!

If we could come up with a cool looking idea for a 300k+ sticker id buy :D

Mine is right at 210,000 on the OG A4LD....I sure hopes it lasts through the winter. It has clunked for the last couple years and at least 50,000 miles but It shows no signs of slowing down. I'd like to get it rebuilt in the spring though or swap it for a 700r for the peace of mind.

I think clunking is an A4LD trait..

I have one that is sitting at 224k on the original transmission and 3.27 gears. Even OD still works on it. I don't think this one has ever been used to tow though, no hitch on it and no trailer wiring.

Mine has 251,000km and still shifts like a dream just a bit slow going into reverse, although it is pretty low miles compared to some of you guys.

Back