Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Garner, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 F150
Callsign
N1LVN
I use Firefox all the time, but one annoying thing is that they always deny that they have any memory leaks. With 3 tabs open (ok, for several days), things started getting slow. Checking out task manager, I see this:

firefox_leak.jpg

:eek:

When I only had 1 Gig of RAM it never got that far out of hand before noticing how slow it was getting. Now that I have 2 Gig, it's apparently worse, or it got worse. It's only on this computer that it's real bad. I always run Athlon processors. I wonder if there is something in that which explains this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Normal. What does that do?

Wow..my Firefox is "only" using 70,504k...

Mine does this also, but slowly. I would just not keep it open for days at a time. It doesn't hurt to close it down after a day, or even multiple times during a day.

I'm still running 2. Just got 2.0.0.17 actually. I use to see it go up to 500k sometimes, but never this high. I usually have 2-3 tabs open, and no, I don't shut it down often. When it gets this high I have to shut it down, and then go into task manager and kill it 'cause it doesn't clear itself.

Yes, I can shut it down more, but this is a pretty darn serious memory leak, and I've never seen where Mozilla has admitted to it. Mostly though I just thought it was crazy when I saw my resources that high.

firefox 3 is supposed to fix that, as well as some major resource issues with the cache.

Maybe I'll make the move. Just like stuff to be out a few months before jumping on it.

mines using 47,012k

Maybe I'll make the move. Just like stuff to be out a few months before jumping on it.

FF3 is very good. I haven't had any problems with it. It was very good at the Beta stage even.

FF3 is very good. I haven't had any problems with it. It was very good at the Beta stage even.

Well, my wife's computer got screwed up and Firefox wouldn't even start, so I had to upgrade her. There are a few plugins that aren't supported that I like to use, so I need to test out the replacements, which I think exist for most of them. I haven't seen a problem with it on her machine either. So, I was letting her test it for a while. :D

... so I had to upgrade her. There are a few plugins that aren't supported that I like to use, so I need to test out the replacements, which I think exist for most of them. :D

ROFLMAO!!! How did you get away with upgrading your wife and testing out the replacement without getting killed??????

And what "plugins" aren't supported?:eek:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hahaha! Guess I'd better watch my wording around here. :D

ROFLMAO!!! How did you get away with upgrading your wife and testing out the replacement without getting killed??????

And what "plugins" aren't supported?:eek:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Try that on Sue and tell us how it goes. Better yet get it on video so we can document/see the aftermath.

Back