First generation Dana 35 parts for sale | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First generation Dana 35 parts for sale

I have some left over parts from some front 5 x 5.5" conversions I was trying out. I have a Rh/Lh front knuckles from a 1997 Ford Ranger these would be a upgrade to swap over to the full floating front brake calipers, I also have the calipers, caliper brackets, and some new brake pads to with them. I have a single non ABS dana 35 spindle and a single spindle with ABS. Open to offers on all I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much for the 97 ranger knuckles, please?

How much for the 97 ranger knuckles, please?
How about $100 and I pay the shipping? Reminds me I need to get some pictures up!

How about $100 and I pay the shipping? Reminds me I need to get some pictures up!
Does that include the other brake hardware or is that separate?

Does that include the other brake hardware or is that separate?
I'd take $120 for everything I have listed except the two spindles.

Some pictures one of the knuckles the other and the caliper parts will need some wire brushing or sand blasting.

Attachments

• ranger parts.jpg
    ranger parts.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 99

Are the spindles available? I have a 91 so I believe the non ABS one is what I'm after.

yes but the later abs style spindle will still bolt on, it just does not have a notch for the abs sensor....just FYI

I still have them but I need to update this and do a little research or maybe someone will chime in. When I was installing the rebuilt front diff in my 92' one of the spindles was marginal so I was going to use one of these but it wouldn't fit, are the 95' and newer spindles different??

95-97 Ranger d35 spindles will definitely fit onto a 92 Explorer.

the spindle itself did not change from 91-97 aside from the notch for the abs wheel speed sensor
Its the KNUCKLE that changed in the 96-97 ranger to use the dual piston caliper and ditch the slide pins
I have a "few" spare spindles, they were well over $350 each new about 5 years ago if you could find them. So I pulled a bunch of good ones at the junk yards to make sure I always have some.
If you plan to keep your truck for any length of time, the 96-97 ranger (I think some late 95's had it too?) knuckle and brakes is a HUGE upgrade to the dana 35 ttb....... and grab a couple of spare spindles while you can still find them

Are the spindles available? I have a 91 so I believe the non ABS one is what I'm after.
So the answer is yes I have two for sale one abs and one non abs $50 shipped if you're still interested. Steve

Yes. I will take both of them. I sent you a PM.

Back