First Mods | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First Mods

ExploreThis2012

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited
I have my 2012 Limited for a couple of weeks now. First, thanks to everyone for a great forum. Special thanks to Ford for having a factory team monitor the board and suggesting solutions.
I have not had any of the problems mentioned here so far with 1,100 miles in so far. What a difference to my old 05 trailblazer. Yesterday I could not connect my blu-tooth and thought "Here we go with problems" Went to the dealer this morning and learned that I somehow disabled my blu-tooth on my phone. Total operator error!

So far I have hard wired my radar detector to just the right of the mirror so that it shuts on and off with ignition.
I live in a rural area and wanted some sort of DRL's but did not want the HID headlights on all the time. I changed the wiring on the fog lamps so that they are now on all the time with the ignition.

Things to do::thumbsup:

Try and locate a console for the rear bucket seats. Mine wasn't ordered with one. It's a $100 option but after the fact is going to make it really expensive. Does anyone know the parts needed to add this?

Tint front windows

Make something to prevent my dog from scratching the rear top bumper when he jumps in.

Change dome lighting to red LED

Learn all the voice commands so that I can use this great technology.

Have Ford deduct my payment from my neighbors account, maybe he won't notice since he has one too.

Things not to do::thumbdwn:
Will never refer to the Explorer as the "EX". Just sounds bad to me especially since the only "EX" I have is already funded and needs no further attention.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have my 2012 Limited for a couple of weeks now. Things to do::thumbsup:

Tint front windows

Make something to prevent my dog from scratching the rear top bumper when he jumps in.
Welcome to the Forum ExploreThis2012. :wavey:
I assume you are talking about the front side windows. Be sure to check your local and state laws regarding that.

There is an OEM bumper cover available for the back. Unforunately it does not cover the lip of the bumper. There are pictures of it posted on various threads. (I'm able to lift my sheltie in and out) :D

Peter

Bumper Cover

I just installed my Rear Bumper Cover and was able to install it such that it comes right to the rear edge of the bumper. Very pleased with it for protecting from my roll-aboard travel bags and the kids' big roller bags for their hockey goalie equipment.

Welcome to the Forum ExploreThis2012. :wavey:
I assume you are talking about the front side windows. Be sure to check your local and state laws regarding that.

There is an OEM bumper cover available for the back. Unforunately it does not cover the lip of the bumper. There are pictures of it posted on various threads. (I'm able to lift my sheltie in and out) :D

Peter

I just installed my Rear Bumper Cover and was able to install it such that it comes right to the rear edge of the bumper. Very pleased with it for protecting from my roll-aboard travel bags and the kids' big roller bags for their hockey goalie equipment.
I guess you can install it right to the edge but I think the template has it set back. The dealer installed mine. BTW, I've been behind the bench in minor hockey for 44 years and coaching juvenile (18, 19 & 20 yr old) for the past 5 years so I don't have to worry about equipment. They drive themselves. :D

Peter

Things to do::thumbsup:

Try and locate a console for the rear bucket seats. Mine wasn't ordered with one. It's a $100 option but after the fact is going to make it really expensive. Does anyone know the parts needed to add this?

I'm interested in this as well. I guess Ford left out the console with the bucket seats for those who have kids that need to get to the third row but since I don't have kids, I would prefer the console. I'm hoping someone aftermarket comes out with one.

I have my 2012 Limited for a couple of weeks now. First, thanks to everyone for a great forum. Special thanks to Ford for having a factory team monitor the board and suggesting solutions...Things not to do:
Will never refer to the Explorer as the "EX". Just sounds bad to me especially since the only "EX" I have is already funded and needs no further attention.
Welcome to the boards, ExploreThis2012! :D It looks like you’ve got a great list going to personalize your Explorer. :)

Now if only your “EX” responded to voice commands… Ummm… maybe I shouldn’t go there. :rolleyes:

Cory

Back