First time to the track...livernois 93 tune intake exhaust | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First time to the track...livernois 93 tune intake exhaust

ixotuckeroxi

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
Just thought I would share....tonight, went to the track with the Explorer. It was my first time in it, did normal mode with a 2k rpm launch. Mods are custom cai, magnaflow, and livernois 93 tune. Truck did 13.4@104mph easily. Only issues were if I launched it harder I'd get wheel hop. Most of the (newer) mustangs and Camaros in my area are running mid to high 13s. The announcer and a lot of the racers were surprised to see an explorer beating modern muscle. Mostly it was me putting a car length at the launch and them playing catch up. But was fun nonetheless. Waiting on my wireless obd2 scanner so I can data log and work towards faster times....still need downpipes!!! Will post pics tomorrow

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

social media...got it covered...

1690329_592687037474229_1606545418_n.jpg

the rig...

'13 sport

flex h&r springs
livernois 93 tuner
jms custom cai
magnaflow exhaust (straight piped primary muffler)
open vented bypass valves
170* thermostat (yet to be installed)

poser mods
black ford emblems front and rear
black vinyl on hood
ecoboost badge from sho (rear)
no front plate
5%limo tint
1 inch spacers
Asian driver mod
paper plates (had it 1 week so far)

1011215_592643754145224_346105560_n.jpg

1794714_592643584145241_1637008825_n.jpg

gonna get the time slip from my buddy tomorrow...

Nice times! I cant wait to take mine to the track.

One week and you are running it down the track already?

I'm hard on my vehicles but you take it to the next level :D

Nice though, always nice to see something different at the track. Hopefully as it gets nice I"ll get mine to the track for a run or two!!!

Nice work Tucker and nice sig line too:thumbsup: Sig line reminds me of an old joke we used to tell in our neighborhood, goes like this. Q: How does every Supra story start? A: Well, we were on our way to the dyno...:D

Haha Aj. There is some truth to that...I made that # on a billet wheeled 76mm with nitrous. Since then I've actually made the change to a promod 88mm. Hopefully should be done for tx2k next month. I'm thinking I should be able to put another 150rw on top of that number if I'm lucky...but yeah, it's a laggy sob. On the 76 I wasn't seeing full boost until 6k ish

so whats more fun to drive, the 1200 rwhp supra, or the 1100 rwhp zo6? probably the awd gallardo lol.

Nice times. On a side note, every time I see an Ex Sport in White, I question my decision to go with Silver. The white looks really good, but I couldn't justify the extra $$.

Nice times. On a side note, every time I see an Ex Sport in White, I question my decision to go with Silver. The white looks really good, but I couldn't justify the extra $$.

Our Limited was white.... We got the Sport in silver. While the Sport looks great in either, the silver definitely looks cleaner longer.... :)

That said I think a "Track Talk" sticky is well overdue here.... Discussing your mods, launch techniques and times... Anyone else agree? Mods help us out here...

Cheers,

Ajar

Did you try launching in "sand" mode?

What kind of CAI?

I did originally. Didn't notice any change in 60 foots so I left in in default mode. The cai is one my guys at the shop just fabbed. A 3 inch j pipe with a generic filter and a heat shield.

Haven't taken mine on the track yet, but on the street, 1-2 shifts in sand mode with a tune are brutal for wheel hop. I wouldn't do it just out of not wanting to wreck my vehicle.

Haven't taken mine on the track yet, but on the street, 1-2 shifts in sand mode with a tune are brutal for wheel hop. I wouldn't do it just out of not wanting to wreck my vehicle.

worse than wrecking the car, wheel hop will wreck your trans! Every time I got wheel hop it was launching over 2200rpm. If it hopped id pull out and cruise down the track. Not worth the flat bed ride home.

Thats what I mean by wrecking the car! Nothing good comes from wheel hop!

I'm gonna pull that bottom motor mount off that controls 'rotation' of the drivetrain and see if it can be stiffened up...

I'm gonna pull that bottom motor mount off that controls 'rotation' of the drivetrain and see if it can be stiffened up...

Talk to 4DRHTRD, he has done ton's of experiments with his prior flex, iirc, his solution involved compressing and strapping the suspension.

Talk to 4DRHTRD, he has done ton's of experiments with his prior flex, iirc, his solution involved compressing and strapping the suspension.

Like +

I like the idea of having a drag racing forum...Although homeboy pulling out of the flex and going to a ctsv has me jaded!

If you want a performance section/forum, might just be better to meet some of us over on ecoboostperformanceforum

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back