First Truck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

homeless_duck

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
So a couple weeks ago I bought my first vehicle, a 2001 V6 5-Speed Manual Transmission Sport Trac. Needless to say, I'm in love. While it wasn't 4wd, I went ahead and bought it because it was a pretty great deal, so for $2500 cash in hand, I bought my very own truck. 188,000 miles with no problems other than it burns oil and the passenger side door had to be rekeyed because it was broken into. As a 17 year old kid at a private all guy school, I find myself surrounded by lifted F-150s, Z71s, Broncos, and Jeeps financed and outfitted by parents for their kids to take to the bottoms. I'm content though! Anyway, I'm thinking about getting aftermarket exhaust as it (in theory at least) gives more power and better gas mileage. I'm very open to suggestions both for and against exhaust, as I don't really want to be seen as another stuck up private school kid driving around in a truck that his parents paid for. So while I like the sound of straight pipes and glass packs, I don't want to be the "ricer" of the truck world with the equivalent of a fart can on a stock V6. Any suggestions? Ideas? Anything at all? Sorry for rambling! Just new to the whole thing and still figuring it all out!

Flowmaster or magaflow I have a Flowmaster 40 on my 4.0 and it sounds great

Back