first wreck in the X today | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

first wreck in the X today

I got rear-ended today at work today, The one day I drive my personal vehicle, some dumbass hits me. A girl about 20 years old driving a 95 Isuzu rodeo hit me at about 20mph. She didn't even hit the brakes! It smashed her front bumper in and broke her hood latch, but we both were able to drive away. My bumper is pushed in and over towards the drivers side. Is there any hidden damage that I might need to look for? The body seems alright.

Here are a few pics of the bumper
276247_155.jpg

276247_154.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh that sucks man,

i guess i would just be looking at the brackets mainly

imagine that, a 20 yr old girl rear ended you. that's the exact same way my last accident was. she also NEVER hit the brake. she hit me doing about 40 when i was sitting still. both vehicles towed away. at least your x wasn't damaged too bad.

i say, bring it to the shop and get an estimate done...shes gonna be paying.

was she at least cute?

that sux. it doesn't look too bad though.

Make sure the frame is straight, and the rear leafs are fine. Get an estimate from a shop, since its 100% her fault.

Definatly look at the frame, i was hit the same way by my girlfriend!! in an '01 caddy and it messed her front up real bad and just bent my bumper down. BUT i brought it to a shop, they put it up on a frame machine and the frame was about 1/2 inch to the right. Ford makes the frame to be like that so instead of you absorbing the shock the frame does. Make sure you get it checked out and also make sure your rear quarter panels arent slightly rippled. Mine were. Lata

Charlie's_93EB said:
this i why i miss my class 3 hitch :bounce:

Reciever hitches are awesome, ive had about 3 people rearend me since ive had the hitch(none my fault) and each time no damage to my truck but they got a smashed grill or a cracked bumper and some sracthes.

See what isuzu does to people, and their families? Isuzu destroys peoples lives....

Charlie's_93EB said:
sorry to hear about the truck, it does not look too bad atleast.

this i why i miss my class 3 hitch :bounce:

lol reminds me of something i saw a few years ago i was sitting in the rear seat of a buddies car and he stop to run into a store. so im sitting here watching traffic go by and sure enough a nice F350 lifted with a class 3 hitch was waiting to turn into a drive way and a lady driving a blazer traveling about 40 mphs ran straight into his ass.... that hitch went right into her engine.. he had his tail gate down, bent that but didnt see any other damage done... they pulled his truck hitch out of the blazer and there was a huge hole threw it.. never saw something so funny in my life... guy just drove his truck off.. Does that count as Ford Power???? :roll:

New brackets for sure. Hey, if you do need a new bumper, I have one for sell. Never installed, chrome just like yours. I know how hard it is for that first accident. Glad it wasn't worse. She could have been in a lifted truck and went right into your back glass....

girls suck at driving period. 2 accidents, both girls, both there fault. Both ditzy as hell after the accident...I.E. DID I DO THAT?? no...i think a boulder just rolled into my door dumbA$$ (this was over 3 months ago and i'm still fuming, I think i need therapy lol J/P)

TJM623 said:
girls suck at driving period. 2 accidents, both girls, both there fault. Both ditzy as hell after the accident...I.E. DID I DO THAT?? no...i think a boulder just rolled into my door dumbA$$ (this was over 3 months ago and i'm still fuming, I think i need therapy lol J/P)

i had a girl say "What?" one time, She pulled out in front of me at MCC, i was doing 25ish and i had my new brush guard less then 24 hours and almost tboned her side in the nisson thing, the old one with the fuzzy bumpers :eek:

Back