• Register Today It's free!

Fixed my "Death Wobble" problem.

onehiexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
west TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 eb 2 door 4x4
I was backing out the driveway the other day & my radius arm broke.Called Superlift & got another, problem fixed, luckily I wasn't doing 65 down the bypass when it broke. Now I'm not saying that's everyone's fix to the problem, but you may want to investigate your X's radius arms for cracks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks..wheres the arm located?

Don't know what u mean but, on Drivers side long arm from axle to cross-member

;)

StrongArm.jpg

it cracked and gave out? wow.

Creager said:
it cracked and gave out? wow.
Not a big suprise, I have cracked two so far. Now my radius arms have 1/2" steel tabs instead of the stock 1/2". Haven't had a problem in years.

These are the superlift arms, not the stockers, correct?

Creager said:
These are the superlift arms, not the stockers, correct?
Correct, the Superlift radius arms have a weak area, which is more of a design flaw than anything else. There are two tabs that fit over the TTB beams that work themselves loose and start to flex, then break or crack at the welds. I don't have a picture of the right end of the radius arms to post, but I have a picture of the rear of my Superlift arms, with the heims that were added because I got tired of replacing the bushings every other trip.
3817Bumper_13_a.jpg

Mine broke where your heims are. Don't know Y I was just backing out of the driveway. It broke just in front of the bushing.

Back